Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first post

Real Name
    Karan Chaudhary

My first post

Hello all,

I am 2 months old in digital photography, and started right off with Nikon D3000. I have few images on which I would like to be judged.

My first post

My first post

I feel that images are a bit dark. They are kids of workers who(kids) were roaming about in the university at 0600. I like to click children as they give pretty natural expressions.

Thanks,
    LaFolle

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: My first post

Nice capture, Karan. I like the way you put the kid on the 1/3 focal area to the right on #1. His expression is also nicely captured. Probably a little boost on the exposure and some extra sharpening would give the image the extra pop it needs. #2 is also nice. I like the candidness of the shot and the expression of the boy. I think you used the built-in flash on this one. It would be nice if there's chance that you can use an off-camera flash to get those nice shadow effect on the face for a more 3-dimensional illusion. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Two good images. Although I think we have to be careful when we have someone leaning forward 'into' the camera as in #2. It can distort features; i.e. the head becomes very large in proportion to the width of the shoulders. But if we know that's what we're doing, then it can (and in this case) does work well to create an effect.

Like Willie, I like the composition and arrangement of #1. I also like the very beautiful relaxed happiness that we can see. A joyful image.

Real Name
    Karan Chaudhary

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Nice capture, Karan. I like the way you put the kid on the 1/3 focal area to the right on #1. His expression is also nicely captured. Probably a little boost on the exposure and some extra sharpening would give the image the extra pop it needs. #2 is also nice. I like the candidness of the shot and the expression of the boy. I think you used the built-in flash on this one. It would be nice if there's chance that you can use an off-camera flash to get those nice shadow effect on the face for a more 3-dimensional illusion. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks a lot for replying. Regarding the flash, I do not really flash much as most of the time it masks the natural ambiance of the scene. Which I know is not totally correct, as I do not know much about flash photography. Shall work on it.

Real Name
    Karan Chaudhary

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Two good images. Although I think we have to be careful when we have someone leaning forward 'into' the camera as in #2. It can distort features; i.e. the head becomes very large in proportion to the width of the shoulders. But if we know that's what we're doing, then it can (and in this case) does work well to create an effect.

Like Willie, I like the composition and arrangement of #1. I also like the very beautiful relaxed happiness that we can see. A joyful image.
    Thanks for the appreciation and for pointing out what can go wrong when taking pictures of this genre.