Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Power to the Glens

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Power to the Glens

I put this one into the current Themed Challenge, 'My Country' with a long explanation of why it fits my interpretation of 'my country'.

But then, some of the more loutish members starting posting all sorts of yobbish and uncouth language, such as .......... 'wow' (sorry!).

So I thought I'd just stick it in here as well.

Power to the Glens
    40D, 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM @ 50mm. ISO100. 1.5s@f16. Circ Polariser+ 5 (3+2) Stop GND.

Actually, the definition on the stonework of the dam doesn't come out so well in this smaller-sized version. In the full-sized version it really 'pops'.
    Last edited by Donald; 10th April 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Re: Power to the Glens

I humbly request some larger fonts. I quite like the idea of being a loutish member. I will have to start wearing England face paint and a Burberry baseball cap whilst posting

I did mean the wow by the way In fact there is not much else to say really. I love it. I could go into raptures about the tones, the liquid reflections and damn near perfect composition. And...given the consistency of your latest shots I was thinking of creating an OSX automation that detects your username an automatically types the aforesaid in without having to open the post. But I do enjoy viewing your work so much that it would probably be more appropriate to create a desktop slideshow of your photographs....not the self portraits obviously - that would be weird - but everything else is fair game.

So I will stick with the loutish WOW for the time being

1.5s@f16
    Oh and I stand by the "Captain Slow"

Real Name
    Steve

Donald , you've outdone yourself this time. The comp/lighting/tonal range.......................................WOW!!! !(sorry had to)

Real Name
    Paul

Yes, very nice image Donald. Well done.

Real Name
    Wendy

Oh my ... WOW just about sums it up. What an amazing shot of a beautiful spot. Love the history and it's interesting to know that a conscious effort was made by the powers to be to keep an eye for aesthetics in the planning of this project. Seems to have worked.

Wendy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

If you get three 'wows' for one image, do you win a prize? Or maybe you get banned from the site!

Thanks for your comments, folks.
    Last edited by Donald; 10th April 2011 at 10:14 PM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If you get three 'wows' for one image, do you win a prize? Or maybe you get banned from the site!

Thanks for you comments, folks.
    I think if you get 3 WOW's you can't enter that image on any CiC mini comps for fairness. Stellar work as always, Donald.

Real Name
    Eon

Stunning work with lovely textures and tones.

That sort of work inspires a rookie like me.

It IS gorgeous, Donald! May I please whisper a secret to you? I like your work better than Ansel Adams'. But, shhhh! Please don't tell! I've been thinking this for a long time and thought that you ought to know.

Real Name
    Mike

...and here I thought I was the ONLY one to get counseled about the use of "WOW" on this forum!

Very "cool" image Donald. I know, cool, isn't much better but I'm a Yank. What else can I say?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thanks for those latest comments above folks. Mike - I think the use of too many 'wows' counts as a serious offence for which there are great penalties! 'Cool' is okay I think. Everyone uses it here as well. Personally, I don't why we ever needed to stop using 'groovy, man'.

Real Name
    Abhi

Mike - I think the use of too many 'wows' counts as a serious offence for which there are great penalties!
    Donald, that's the third time you have used 'wow' in this thread . But seriously, Wow.

Real Name
    Jeroen

Thanks for those latest comments above folks. Mike - I think the use of too many 'wows' counts as a serious offence for which there are great penalties! 'Cool' is okay I think. Everyone uses it here as well. Personally, I don't why we ever needed to stop using 'groovy, man'.
    The wow's add up to penalties to be prohibited in entering (monthly) competitions. I'll quickly join the wowing with a well deserved wow.

By the way, did I already mentioned how terrifyingly well you put together that beautiful photograph?

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Groovily cool, Sir. Magic stuff. Magnificence worth a rosary of 'wows.' It's the sort of High Art to which many of us aspire, but so few achieve.
    K