Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I am going to diligently watch who will win our Mini Comp #311.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I am going to diligently watch who will win our Mini Comp #311.

The standard of images being entered in our mini competitions is really amazing. Like I have said, I will diligently watch who'll win the Mini Comp #311 round. Why? All entries are that good and I can't pick one that is out of the group! In short, I voted for you all to win! Cheers!

Re: I am going to diligently watch who will win our Mini Comp #311.

In short, I voted for you all to win! Cheers!
    I must say I found it quite easy this time but there are times when it is really difficult to choose. It varies quite significantly in terms of content and quality....and some comps I don't recognise anyone who has entered Generally though we tend to get much better standard of entries than most forums of this size and what I really like is that we get plenty of newbies entering. It takes courage and it says a lot for the security this forum gives to newer photographers. The comp areas in some forums only appear to attract 'NikonHank" and his 5 figure post count and that can't be good.

No 311 is anyones at the moment.....but I have my hunches. If you are looking for tips watch the safe shots

Real Name
    Nick

Oh Jiro – I see what you mean. Not only is the standard very good, but they are a very eclectic mix of images. I've done my vote – hard choice!

Regards,

Nick.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by nickjohnson View Post
    ... Not only is the standard very good, but they are a very eclectic mix of images.
    Exactly! Maybe it's time to set up a mini comp based on a certain subject or based on a certain topic and everyone is entitled to interpret it on his own. Calling Donald... Just kidding.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    No 311 is anyones at the moment.....but I have my hunches. If you are looking for tips watch the safe shots
    You're right, Steve. Heck, this is even more exciting than watching American Idol for me. ROFLMAO!

Real Name
    Mike

I have to agree with everything said above. There have been a lot of excellent images in the mini-comps and Steve is correct, there have been quite a few newbees submitting too. It has been a joy just admiring the work and voting for my favorites even it my picks don't win.

Thanks for bringing this topic up Jiro!

Mike

Real Name

Another interesting observation here Mike is that some of the mini comp participants are not usually posting their work for C&C on our regular forums. That shows confidence in their shots! Awesome!

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Another interesting observation here Mike is that some of the mini comp participants are not usually posting their work for C&C on our regular forums. That shows confidence in their shots! Awesome!
    Agreed. It is also worth mentioning, (Steve touched on this above), I have yet to see anyone "put down" for an entry or request for critique. The input from members has always been constructive. I think both the forum members and our moderators should be commended.

Real Name
    Paul

Not only is there an astounding # of entries coming from the newer members but many of those have been fantastic shots. While I am still gaining knowledge and confidence myself it is fun that the standard is rather high here. Not only does it push me to pay attention but at times inspires new ideas. I also say well done to all....all members here that make it so worthwhile, whether you are a Mod or a first dayer...thanks.

Real Name
    Martyn

wow 68 votes, thats some going, congrats to the joint winners, if i see a good photo i dont post in that comp,
    only joking, i always try and vote and sometimes i vote for the winner, cheers martyn