Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: wake up everyone ! c&c welcome

Real Name
    james

wake up everyone ! c&c welcome

I hope I sized this right.wake up everyone !  c&c welcome canon T2i 55-250 / 96 mm TV 1/400 AV 5.6 ISO 800
    Last edited by jamn4ex; 8th April 2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added shooting info

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: wake up everyone ! c&c welcome

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    I hope I sized this right.
    James

Looks fine. The site automatically scales everything down to 700px (longest edge). So, although you've saved it at 1195 x 800, it appears above at 700 x 469. But if you click on it to view it in teh ligthbox, then we see it at the larger size.

The only downside on some images is that the auto re-sizing can result is effects you don't want. For some images it's better to manage the reduction down to 700 yourself. That way you can ensure optimum quality.

But this one is good. You've got lovely detail in the feathers.

Real Name
    james

Thank you Donald, I hope to visit my friend again he breeds chickens and has many roosters he takes to shows.... I could spend all day out there .

Real Name
    Bill S

James,

Another part of this shot that I really like (and I am going to assume was 100% intentional) is that the beak has the slightest of a reflecting highlight on it. It looks like the sunlight had just barely hit this rooster's beak and he was Johnny on the Spot with his daily task. The only thing that detracts from that is the similar highlights down on his chest. Not sure of your feeling on this, but you might want to tone its chest down a little and maybe accentuate the one on his beak?

Also, how high was your camera when you took this shot? It looks like you were maybe in a crouching position? There is a still a downward angle to the shot. Perhaps getting a little lower so you're at eye level with the rooster would make a more powerful composition?

Nice shot though.

- Bill

The only thing that I would alter with this shot, James, is that I would ideally prefer to see a tiny bit more space above the roosters head. It seems just a little squashed at the moment. But I do mean just a little.

Otherwise it is a good photo.