Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Not having a dog of my own

Real Name
    Chris

Not having a dog of my own

I find myself looking for them in parks, etc because I've really enjoyed the ones I've had...so, today, while galavanting about down at the marina, I chanced on these two guys in the back of a pickup truck...their owner was gracious enough to not just allow me to shoot, but held a treat so they's sit still long enough for a good exposure...and I completely forgot I had the polaraizer on - oops, but still got what I think is the "Anticipation" shot of the week. Apollo & Thor.

Not having a dog of my own

Just noticed a bit of a blue cast to the black dog's hair...so will work on that some more.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Not having a dog of my own

I luv it. It has a soft, almost ortonish look to it... which I am partial to. and... they are Labs which are big 'ol, four-legged, lumps of love. Their tongues are perfect. A good owner always has treats. I do... in my pocket, in my car, in my purse... Great shot, Chris.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I like the way you framed the head of the dogs on your shot, Chris. Also, the contrast between a light-haired against a black one is great. Probably, because of the effect of the polarizer on your lens, it made the black dog lose its contrast with the back of the pick-up truck. I wish there has more tone separation on that area so I can see the form of the dog better. A small nit compared to the good job you did on this one. Cheers.
    Last edited by jiro; 7th April 2011 at 01:17 PM.

Real Name
    David

Wow, great shot! I really like these kind of dogs... and I especially like the tongues sticking out a bit, just a perfect timing