4)
    Please C&C my photos

5)
    Please C&C my photos

6)
    Please C&C my photos

7)
    Please C&C my photos
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 6th April 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Separate and number thee photos

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Please C&C my photos

Hi Asit,

I moved your pictures to a new thread because you left them in the thread that is intended to help people with how to post images, not help about their images

I have also separated them and numbered them to assist people in responding and everyone know which picture is being discussed.

It would also have helped if you had taken a little time to explain your feeling about them and provided the EXIF (shooting) information for each.

I'll be back to comment myself soon.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ....

Real Name
    Rob

All of them except 7 look a little soft, like out of focus. Is it from cropping or slow shutter speeds to get the exposure right? Or both?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi again Asit,

#1 is a slightly unusual composition and there's some distracting stuff in the background top left. It isn't particularly sharp.

#2 is quite a powerful image, but lacks tonal range and is a little too closely cropped at the bottom, I can't work out what he's doing. Also there is wasted space at the top of frame.

#3 would be interesting if it were much, much sharper and we had a bit more of the left wing.

#4 for me, I'd like to see a bit more face and less blank sea on the left - perhaps if you had stood a few steps further to the right when shooting.

#5 quite good, would have been better if framed a little more to the right and sharper.

#6 seems to need a bit more mid range contrast and again, a better framing would have improved the shot, there's too much distraction coming into shot on the right. If the statue top left is significant, it shouldn't be quite so close to the corner. If it isn't important, it shouldn't be there because it is brighter than the main subject and distracts.

#7 almost has too much contrast and is a bit lacking in shadow detail. It is, a sRob says, the sharpest here by far. Nice colours on the pigeon, but the lichen on the stones is also well saturated and distracts a bit.

Quite a disparate series, both in subject and size/resolution and sharpness, so I can't help feeling you will have known some of the above already.

Anyway, I hope that isn't too negative and does prove useful.

Real Name
    David

Hi Asit,

Although I must agree with everything that Dave says, I must say that I really like the bird shots. Yeah, they are not really sharp and could be framed better, but the potential is there I think, just keep on shooting (and adjusting your techniques of course).