Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bride to be

Real Name
    Neno

Bride to be

Ok, so yesterday I went on my cousin's shoot where she tried to make some good corpse's bride shots.
    These two pictures were taken by myself as I was shooting behind the scenes action.
    Hope you like them and comments are more than welcome

Bride to be
    IMG_0948 by neno84cro, on Flickr

Bride to be
    IMG_0918 by neno84cro, on Flickr

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bride to be

Neno

For me, #2 needed more light on the face of the model. I think it is too much in shadow.

What I like very much about both is the location for the shoot.

In #1, the model's left hand is just going out of the frame. I wonder if it would have been better if the hand was contained within the boundaries of the image?

Real Name
    Neno

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Neno

For me, #2 needed more light on the face of the model. I think it is too much in shadow.

What I like very much about both is the location for the shoot.

In #1, the model's left hand is just going out of the frame. I wonder if it would have been better if the hand was contained within the boundaries of the image?
    Donald,

Thank you for the comment.
    The location is perfect. Its an old hotel that was destroyed some 20 years ago and its still standing out there.
    I knew that my main problem were shadows and position, but this happened due to the fact that I was just shooting as a bystander. My cousin was connected to portable flashes with umbrella and light deflectors so her photos were done just perfect. I took the shots with no flash so I had to play with what I can get this time.

Even so, Neno, I suspect that slightly increasing the highlights on your second photo would increase the dramatic effect. Leave the deep shadows as they currently appear. Which would create a really scary image.

Neno

As per comments above and again the location and the model are brilliant.One thing that does strike me and it is not your fault as a bystander but the poses look a little stiff and well....too posed. The first pose is really strange, yes she is showing off the wacky wellies but I think it would have been far more dramatic to have her showing the bridal garter but instead of a garter a studded leather strap or the like. The second pose is very stiff. I would have preferred to see things like the pouncing panther pose and even though there is a corpse association - a lot more fluidity - that oxymoron works really well with this sort of stuff.

Still its probably unfair to crit someone elses pose setups when they are not here to respond. My daughter (Rebecca Louise on CiC) did a shoot at the weekend. Similar feel to these but her model was far more relaxed. I keep telling her to post here but she is chasing her tail with college work and social life at present.

Real Name
    Brian

The subject is way too attractive to be a 'corpse' bride!

But seriously, the first photo is interesting, but why are the boots so colorful? The lipstick so bright? Shouldn't the dress be tattered and dirty? The second photo (as mentioned previously) is too dark on the face, even for a corpse

Neno, I have had a quick alternative edit with the second photo to try to increase the contrast range by selectively brightening the highlights while leaving the shadows to give a sinister appearance.

Bride to be

Just a suggestion.

Real Name
    Neno

Geoff.
    I love it!! great!!

The location was really difficult to work with. For my shooting the only light I could get was the window on her left side and immediately the right side of the face was dark. Next time I will try to connect my camera on some flashes to give it a shot. This time I did not want to use my built in flash to mess with the other person shooting.
    I must add this fact. My cousin who came up with this idea is relatively an beginner photographer, the stylist for the hair and makeup is also doing this for the first time and the model is just one of their friends so this was just an extremely interesting experience for all of us.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Keeping the technical aspects aside, I love the location & Concept. I had seen similar location elsewhere & loved it instantly. & the kudos to the model for bringing out the gothic look so well.

Real Name
    Brian

Neno, good to hear of your group having fun with photography