Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Exumas in Bahamas 2011

Exumas in Bahamas 2011

This March Break, I was fortunate enough to be able to live on a boat for a week. While there, I captured many photos and would like to show them to everyone else.
    This is one of the Swimming PigsExumas in Bahamas 2011
    This is one of an island with only one palm on it.Exumas in Bahamas 2011 A Small island Exumas in Bahamas 2011 A dock in Marco Island Exumas in Bahamas 2011The Islands Entering the ExumasExumas in Bahamas 2011 This is a plant on an island which was run by drug runners in the 1980'sExumas in Bahamas 2011
    Last edited by gdMurray; 29th March 2011 at 10:12 PM.

Re: Exumas in Bahamas 2011

I really like photo #3. It makes me want to walk out on the spit to enjoy the tropical breeze. A really nice study in blue. I noticed that your photos have GPS coordinates embedded in them. That makes it really easy to see where the photos were taken. Is the GPS receiver built into the Sony A55 or did you get it as an add on? How do you like it?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I agree with John and think that #3 is the pick of the set. It's a strong composition with the curve of the shoreline taking us through the frame.

Real Name
    Tim

I was struck by the colors in the first image myself. I think it is the strongest of the lot, but that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Maybe it is because I lived for so long in West Palm Beach. The second one looks like there was a first rate picture there to be taken, with the colors and the clouds, but it is a shame that the tree was cut off and maybe the mundane details of the beach figure too strongly in the composition for my taste.

But wow, now I have to add a new Camera to my quest. I am buying a new camera body in the next couple of weeks. What kind of lens did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by tameigh View Post
    I was struck by the colors in the first image myself. I think it is the strongest of the lot, but that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Maybe it is because I lived for so long in West Palm Beach. The second one looks like there was a first rate picture there to be taken, with the colors and the clouds, but it is a shame that the tree was cut off and maybe the mundane details of the beach figure too strongly in the composition for my taste.

But wow, now I have to add a new Camera to my quest. I am buying a new camera body in the next couple of weeks. What kind of lens did you use?
    The lens I used for the first shot was a 300mm telephoto lens made by Sony, the other shots are all with the default lens (18-55)

The Sony A55 has a built in GPS to it so you don't need any accessories.