Bryn

Springwood

Springwood

Springwood

CC most welcome.

Real Name
    Mike

Re: Springwood

Wow! These really pop out at you! Very nice. I like the top one the best. Sorry, no idea of what type of bird it is. Very well exposed and nice depth of field.

Mike

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I like #1, too. The 2nd one could use a little extra sharpening to be in the same level at the 1st one. Nice work, Beehole. Now, you have to tell us your first name! Let me guess... would you be by any chance "BRYN"?

Real Name
    Bryn

Thanks for viewing and the comments.

The 1st is a Chaffinch the 2nd a Blue Tit both common in England.

Jiro, I am fairly new to this photography lark and to be honest I posted them on NEM and received some good advice on how to improve the original shots .I followed the advice and that is what I came up with .I tried a bit more sharpening on the Tit but I did not like it.I have viewed a fair bit of your work on NEM ,very impressive .

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by beehole1 View Post
    Thanks for viewing and the comments.

The 1st is a Chaffinch the 2nd a Blue Tit both common in England.

Jiro, I am fairly new to this photography lark and to be honest I posted them on NEM and received some good advice on how to improve the original shots .I followed the advice and that is what I came up with .I tried a bit more sharpening on the Tit but I did not like it.I have viewed a fair bit of your work on NEM ,very impressive .
    No wonder your username sounds familiar. Stick around, lots of very helpful guys here to help you on your photographic journey. I've learned a lot since I joined here!
    Last edited by jiro; 28th March 2011 at 02:00 AM.

For some reason, Blue Tits are very difficult to get sharp; I reject most of my photos of them. Possibly, they are simply so small and soft, and quick so the camera doesn't autofocus well on them. Most of my few successes have been with manual focus.

In this case, I suspect that a little bit of extra selective sharpening applied mostly to the head area may be an improvement.