Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: How should a photographer charge/pay sales tax on an account for wedding

Real Name
    KK

How should a photographer charge/pay sales tax on an account for wedding

Hello everyone!
    Can anyone tell me how should a photographer charge/pay sales tax on an account for wedding.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: How should a photographer charge/pay sales tax on an account for wedding.

No idea in India. Here you must have a business license to charge tax. As far as how much...I guess that depends on how good you are. There isn't any kind of set price for anything photographic. However, that said, you have to provide a good product for the value of the charge. I haven't shot a wedding in 30 something years, so my pricing schedule would be terribly outdated. Go to google and see what other wedding photographer professionals are charging. My daughter got married four years ago and the wedding photogrpahy (and he is a good friend and I got a little break) was over $1,200 and that was a pretty basic package.

Real Name
    John

I think it would look a bit rude to show it on an invoice so I would build it into your pricing structure and if the wedding party wants a detailed account of your charges then you can explain it.

Real Name
    KK

Thanks for your suggestions