Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Devotion.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Devotion.

I was deeply touched by the display of love and devotion of this couple. I am so glad I was able to take some shots before some bystanders blocked my view. This was inside SeaWorld in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you very much for viewing.

Devotion.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 48mm, Exposure at ISO 320 f5.6 at 1/320 of a second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority, Color processing inside Adobe Lightroom 3.3, Color Effects inside Photoshop.
    Last edited by jiro; 25th March 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Real Name
    Jeroen

Re: Devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I was deeply touched by the display of love and devotion of this couple. I am so glad I was able to take some shots before some bystanders blocked my view. This was inside SeaWorld in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you very much for viewing.

Devotion.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 48mm, Exposure at ISO 320 f5.6 at 1/320 of a second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority, Color processing inside Adobe Lightroom 3.3, Color Effects inside Photoshop.
    It's quite a moving scene. You're right. It's impressive (if that's the right word).

For some comment on the photograph itself: The bright area in the top centre draws some attention away from the brothers (they seem brothers to me).

Besides that I never like artificial photoshop background blur. It's certainly no offence to you or your work (which are both outstanding ), but for me it doesn't work.
    Last edited by JK6065; 25th March 2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Real Name

Thanks for your comment, Jeroen. They are a couple, actually and not brothers. . As for the small area of the sky in between them at the top, that I cannot edit anymore as it will just totally make the edit too superficial. A sky is a sky that's why I kept it in the frame. Maybe, next time, when I can buy an 85mm f1.4 prime lens that would make the bokeh more natural. As for now, I'll just be practicing how to add some bokeh on my shots. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by jiro; 25th March 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

That is a touching scene and you captured it well. I never think of taking pics like that. Thanks for sharing your vision of your world with us.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Very touching

Chuck

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    That is a touching scene and you captured it well. I never think of taking pics like that. Thanks for sharing your vision of your world with us.
    Thanks, Mary.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by CNelson View Post
    Very touching

Chuck
    Thank you for viewing, Chuck.

This is very moving. Enough so that I need to say it, too.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's very good, Willie.

I like the way you've treated the background and the edges, to throw attention onto the couple. The moment of capture is perfect - the gaze between the couple.

Did you speak with them? Were they aware of you taking the picture?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    This is very moving. Enough so that I need to say it, too.
    Thanks, Katy.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That's very good, Willie.

I like the way you've treated the background and the edges, to throw attention onto the couple. The moment of capture is perfect - the gaze between the couple.

Did you speak with them? Were they aware of you taking the picture?
    Thanks, Donald. Most of my shots of other people inside the SeaWorld in San Antonio, Texas are stolen shots. If I will ask for their permission I think I might have lost the chance to capture this moment. The lady saw me afterward but did not say anything. I just saw a small window of opportunity and I took it. This is the only shot and I'm glad it came out good.
    Last edited by jiro; 25th March 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Real Name
    탬라

The most beautiful shots are when those that you have captured are caught unaware. Capturing in such a way brings a corporeal feeling to a picture that an intended model could not bring forth. You can tell that the feelings between them are genuine - the shared looks of such sentimental speechlessness between the two are a growing form of the couple's love.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful picture. Kudos on your amazing photography~

Real Name

Thanks for the very warm comment, Kimra.

Real Name
    Chris

This is what happens when a man is kept locked up in his house over a long, cold winter...all that creativity explodes in a flurry of masterful photographs...not sure whether we should all pray for another cold winter, or just be glad Jiro is back!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    This is what happens when a man is kept locked up in his house over a long, cold winter...all that creativity explodes in a flurry of masterful photographs...not sure whether we should all pray for another cold winter, or just be glad Jiro is back!
    Oh, My. I spewed some of my coffee on the keyboard when I read your comment, Chris. I believe you said it in a nice way. In a way you're right. I was too hungry to look for some good things to photograph. A lot of my shots are shots of my family, but once in a while I got some time to get away and just enjoy the moment. Thanks for looking, teacher!

Real Name
    Chris

Only niceness to you, Jiro You are and will continue to be an inspiration to me and I think to the other members of this forum. I think one thing I should have added in my interview is the feeling that I will always be a much better teacher than I will be a photographer....but I don't see that as a bad lot in life, rather an inspiration to emulate what I tell my students...there's always a better picture just around the corner..go find it. You continue to prove that point.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Only niceness to you, Jiro You are and will continue to be an inspiration to me and I think to the other members of this forum. I think one thing I should have added in my interview is the feeling that I will always be a much better teacher than I will be a photographer....but I don't see that as a bad lot in life, rather an inspiration to emulate what I tell my students...there's always a better picture just around the corner..go find it. You continue to prove that point.
    From the my inner being, thank you.