Real Name
    Peter

Re: Macro flower photographs

Macro flower photographs
    Not sure about the name for this flower

Malus domestica (I think)

Macro flower photographs

The first time I saw this name attached to a photo of an apple blossom was when a Blogger friend was sharing about her Malus domestica 'Katy'. For a split second there, I thought that she was calling me a bad housekeeper.

(Psst! did I type it correctly, Bill???)

I haven't commented, just lately, but I've been here and very much enjoyed the recent contributions!
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 25th May 2011 at 03:07 PM.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Malus domestica

Macro flower photographs

The first time I saw this name for attached to a photo of an apple blossom was when a Blogger friend was sharing about her Malus domestica Katy. For a split second there, I thought that she was calling me a bad housekeeper.
    Or even worse, a bad apple! Which, of course, you most certainly are not (insert sly caveat smilie)

Good shot, Katy. The bokeh is very good, and you captured the flower very nicely. Tick, tick, tick.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Or even worse, a bad apple! Which, of course, you most certainly are not (insert sly caveat smilie)

Good shot, Katy. The bokeh is very good, and you captured the flower very nicely. Tick, tick, tick.
    Super! Thank you! (er, is the tick, tick, tick because I'm supposed to be getting back to looking for small animals forming in the eddies of dog hair under the couch or is it because.....er, well... Anyway, Tock to you, too!)

Real Name
    Wendy

Apple Blossom
    Macro flower photographs

Geranium
    Macro flower photographs

Wendy

Real Name
    Wendy

Lobelia

Macro flower photographs

Wendy

Re: Lobelia

Dwarf catmint

Macro flower photographs

It was kind of a blustering gale - I hope to try again, tomorrow.

rob marshall

Dwarf catmint

Macro flower photographs

It was kind of a blustering gale - I hope to try again, tomorrow.
    Katy

Very nice blue there. If you make yourself a plant support you can stop most of the movement in the wind. Just get some of that plant support wire that's foam-covered, wrap one end arounf a 3ft plant stick then wrap the other loose end around the stem of the plant you are shootin , low down enough that it doesn't show in the shot. It doesn't stop movement, but cuts it down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Katy

Very nice blue there. If you make yourself a plant support you can stop most of the movement in the wind. Just get some of that plant support wire that's foam-covered, wrap one end arounf a 3ft plant stick then wrap the other loose end around the stem of the plant you are shootin , low down enough that it doesn't show in the shot. It doesn't stop movement, but cuts it down a lot.
    Thank you, that's a good idea! I love the breeze but it is more than a challenge and awfully constant. It died down this evening, though, and I was wishing it back - swarms of bugs. I'm not complaining, though - not complaining. I'm just munched to death, is all!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Apple Blossom
    Macro flower photographs

Geranium
    Macro flower photographs

Wendy
    These are very pretty, Wendy! (So is your lobelia!) The apple blossoms are so clear. We made it! We made it to Spring! Remember how we thought that it would just never, ever, couldn't possibly even get here?

Real Name
    Wendy

Anemone

Macro flower photographs

Wendy

Real Name
    Wendy

These are very pretty, Wendy! (So is your lobelia!) The apple blossoms are so clear. We made it! We made it to Spring! Remember how we thought that it would just never, ever, couldn't possibly even get here?
    Thank you Katy, I'm soooo happy to see some flowers again, and I can see that you feel the same. It's taking me awhile to get used to shooting without that white background though and the nice light bouncing off of the snow.

Wendy

rob marshall

Anemone

Macro flower photographs

Wendy
    I'm thinking 'shyness' when I look at this, Wendy. Very nicely done. It has a painterly look to it.

Real Name
    Cheri

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    Bearded Iris after rain shower.

Macro flower photographs
    Beautiful picture my Bearded Iris is just starting to bloom. The water droplets are so cool.

Real Name
    Wendy

Thanks Rob, funny you should pick up on the "shyness" aspect. The first shot I took of the same flower was terribly out of focus for what ever reason, but the angle of the shot and the lines made me think withdrawal or fear. I wish it was a better shot I like the lines better but can't really say why.
    Thanks again for the feedback, the painterly look on the first one is from some editing in Topaz Details. I don't know if you are familiar with the program but I maxed out fine and medium detail and zeroed out large detail.

Macro flower photographs

Wendy

Real Name
    Peter

Apple Blossom
    Macro flower photographs
    I love that blossom Wendy, very nice. Beautiful details in the stamens and in the structures in the white.

Real Name
    Wendy

Anemone
    Macro flower photographs

Daisy
    Macro flower photographs

Wendy

Daisy
    Macro flower photographs

Wendy
    Ooooooo! Wendy......!!!

Thank you Katy, I'm soooo happy to see some flowers again, and I can see that you feel the same. It's taking me awhile to get used to shooting without that white background though and the nice light bouncing off of the snow.

Wendy
    I saw this and heartily agreed and, then, I think it was late and forgot to respond. I'm having the same experience, though. I've found that the light in every season is completely different - it shoots differently and, then, the post processing is completely different. I am very much missing the light being thrown up from outside the window by the snow. I'm not complaining, though! NO, NOooooooo! Also, spring flowers in their very nature, being so tiny, require so much dof - even when we want to get part of it blurry - sigh! I'm having so much fun, though!
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 1st June 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Hi! There are some beautiful photos here! I'm new to photography but i think these photographs are good enough to post them here (if not please say so). They are not macro as i only have a compact camera...

Macro flower photographs
    A rose in my backyard.

Macro flower photographs
    I don't know how it is called but it has great color.

Real Name
    Ron

The rose looks great especially out of a compact camera.What kind of camera is it?

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast