Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dog time!

Real Name
    André

Dog time!

My sisters dog really wanted the porkchops I was eating for dinner today, and I took a couple of shots of him almost drooling at times. Here's one I did some PP on.

Dog time!

Real Name
    Ryan

Re: Dog time!

My sister's dog waiting and guarding her home
    [/SIZE]

Dog time!

Real Name
    Brian

That's a good looking dog Andre
    I'm not sure the blurry nose works for me. I am kind of distracted by it.
    The eyes look great.

Real Name
    André

It is a bit distracting isn't it? I have a tendency to choose a lower an aperture than I should.

Real Name
    Chris

Shoot on aperture priority for a while and check the shots after you've made a couple of exposures. I used to do this when shooting kids at the daycare centers and found it worked pretty good at getting nicely focused candids. Kids and dogs often move in the same erratic way. Check to see if your camera has different focusing modes which will allow you to track a subject at the same focal length, shutter and f:/stop which will also help with the lower aperture problems.

Real Name
    André

I've been trying to do as many shots as I can in manual mode to get a good feel for what happens when I use various settings. Haven't tried the aperture priority or the shutter priority modes at all. Perhaps one or two shots, but not really knowing what they did. I'll record this in my buzzing brain.

I think there's three different focusing modes on my camera, I'll have to check to make sure. I know there's a lock focus button though. I tend to use my 50 mm prime lens most of the time which has manual focus, so that button doesn't do all that much for now.

I'll keep on shooting pictures! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Just got to be persistent.

Thanks for the replies! It's awesome being able to get help.