Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Has Spring Arrived?

Has Spring Arrived?

Plenty of daffodils in the garden this week....so I took one inside and and photographed it in the dark - only a photographer would do that. C&C is very welcome as always.

Has Spring Arrived?

Has Spring Arrived?

Has Spring Arrived?

Real Name
    Elise

Re: Has Spring Arrived?

Ooh, nice. Love the second one, in particular. How did you light it?

Hi Elise

Thanks, the daffodil was placed in a Coke can and then placed inside my light box the flower head being lit at 45 degrees from both sides with 50W day light spots. I filled from above using an LED flash light making use of its built in diffuser filter. Even then I just glanced the light across the subject whilst the shutter was firing.

Real Name
    Elise

Very well done.

Alright, alright, alrighty! You've convinced me of "dew drops" on flower shots! Absolute freshness! Spring! ...and, thanks, Elise, for asking about the lighting because that was my very same question. I like them all. I like the bright cheeriness of #2 but I particularly want to admire the clarity of the center and the lighting on the third.

Alright, alright, alrighty! You've convinced me of "dew drops" on flower shots!
    I actually thought about you when I was spraying the water on the petals. I have found that one of my daughter's hair spray thingies works really well without damaging the plant.

Real Name
    Janis

All three gorgeous, Steve. I particularly like the demure pose of number 3, but am curious to know what wizardry is behind number 1.

Real Name
    Kay

Janis - be careful, I once started a reply to Steve's thread with 'Gorgeous Steve'....never heard the end of it
    That aside, I agree with your comments as # 3 does it for me also

Real Name
    Janis

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Janis - be careful, I once started a reply to Steve's thread with 'Gorgeous Steve'....never heard the end of it
    Thanks for the warning, Kay. I will be careful to mind my punctuation .

All three gorgeous, Steve. I particularly like the demure pose of number 3, but am curious to know what wizardry is behind number 1.
    Thanks Janis. No1 was simply dripping water onto the petals and using a slow shutter speed. The translucence of the petals is created by pushing up the blue slider in PP.

Hey, an old melted wellie like me does n't get called gorgeous very often....even if it was a slip of a comma. That post was instrumental in implementing a regime of plucked nasal hair and shaved ears. i even put my teeth in