Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: HDR Express!! have you used it?

Real Name
    Russell

HDR Express!! have you used it?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has tried HDR Express, I have tried the trial and impressed, not just with the results but also the ease of use (not so many sliders to help you make a mess of things or go OTT with the wrong kind of HDR look) so far IMO the results look natural but that is my eyes and my opinion has anyone else given it a try and what do you think?
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Adam Dickinson

Re: HDR Express!! have you used it?

I use photomatix and although the sliders can be a pain and I get it horribly wrong alot I rate it very highly. Making mistakes only forces me to learn or understand what I am doing to the images. I will look into it though to see how it compares

I've used Photomatix for over a year and am very satisfied. However, NIK Software, an outstanding company has a HDR program called HDR Efex Pro which look very good, but it's not a standalone and you must have CS4 or 5.

I looked a YouTube video on HDR Express and it looks to be a good program. Photomatix has more options. Both would do the job.
    I decided on Photomatix because most pros use it and I did not want another Photoshop plug-in.

When I get CS6 I will take a hard look at the Nik Software version (I have their Color EfexPro and love it).

My reaction for you: If you have CS4 o5 5 I'd get the NIk product.

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

I have both and HDR Efex Pro is fast becoming my preferred package for its ease of use, smart filters in CS5 and its more "life" like look with the methods you can use select and enhance further via control points with no masking.

Regards

Notts/Derbys border - some call it the M1
    Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by doomvolvo View Post
    I use photomatix and although the sliders can be a pain and I get it horribly wrong alot I rate it very highly. Making mistakes only forces me to learn or understand what I am doing to the images. I will look into it though to see how it compares
    That's about the same for me. I downloaded a lot of HDR software for trials before I settled on Photomatix.

Hello,

I experimented with most of the trials and like PhotoMatix best; however, I haven't purchased it. I like the Oloneo HDR ToneMap software even better. I am pretty sure I will purchase a license when it comes out of Beta. If you want to test it out, you can download it from here:

http://www.oloneo.com/en/page/photoe...r-tonemap.html