Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Temporary/permanence

Temporary/permanence

This year I plan to produce a portfolio of work showing the permanence of nature and the temporary structures of man. Without maintenance manmade structures will fall into ruin. Where as without human intervention the natural world will regenerate and flourish this first photograph is a small illustration of the permanence of nature over the temporary structures built by man.

Temporary/permanence

John
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 7th February 2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Fix typo in title

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Temporary/permanence

Hi John,

Great stuff - no other word for it!
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 7th February 2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Fix typo in Title

John, the theme is fascinating, the image classic and the presentation meticulous..
    Well done, keep it up.
    Richard R
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 7th February 2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Fix typo in title

Thanks Richard/Colin for the replies and encouragement.
    My plan is to add one photograph a month for the next year to this portfolio of work.
    I’m stating this in public as a way of encouraging myself to fulfil this task

John
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 7th February 2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Fix typo in Title

I look forward to that idea very much. it's a theme close to my heart and something I personally think about a lot. Reclaimed by nature scenes always seem so magical to me. Like seeing the weather,sea , weeds, tree roots etc slowly disintergrate and gradually turn it back into nature.

Hi John,

I like your idea of have a project focus on certain theme. I also put a project on my own last year to shoot Sydney Opera House at various conditions and view angles, but somehow it wasn't finished - probably I need more determining for the goal :-)

I like this picture, especially the bird added some interesting point there.

Hi John,

Nice theme and good caption, thanks for sharing and wish you good luck for the portfolio work.

~Ajith

First thank you to all that have replied to this thread.
    When I was out the other day checking out a new location for some pano photos I came across this wild cherry tree (I think) that had taken root on top of a fence post. Over the year it has grown down through the post and is now thriving in the strangest of positions giving the impression that the post has come back to life. Come the spring I will return to this location and re-take this shot with more attention to the composition.

Temporary/permanence

John