Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hawk shot II

Real Name
    james

Hawk shot II

Actually I took this one before the previous posted hawk shot.This one was took with a 500 mm lens from about 65 feet away then cropped it to 100% of view.manual exposure,1/1000th,6.3, iso 800 Since I used the bigger lens I was able to keep the trees in background for a nice blurry look, Is that preferable to a blown out sky? I dont know which i prefer? all comments surely welcome.Hawk shot II

Real Name
    james

Re: Hawk shot II

Sorry that is at 50% view.

Real Name
    Troy

This image looked very pale to me, so I loaded it into photoshop and took a screenshot of the histogram.

Hawk shot II

It looks like you have some clipping room on both the black and white ends. Some contrast might help make the image pop, but most importantly the image needs sharpening.

I like this one better than the sky one
    Last edited by pwnage101; 13th March 2011 at 10:37 PM.

Real Name
    james

This is the 100% crop I meant to load .I tinkered with the hue a little, but I really dont have the know how for pp. Thanks for the input Troy.Hawk shot II

Real Name
    Troy

I skimmed through your last thread but could not find any information regarding your method of editing photos. With proper pp, a photo can look far better.

A digital photograph in its raw form serves one purpose: retaining data. You can decide to allow the camera to convert it into something nice looking, or do it yourself (via raw processing) but in any case something needs to be done to the image, even if it's just the default gamma correction.

Anybody can learn to "develop" a digital image; just download GIMP and start reading the tutorials on this website. Here is my version of the picture (I applied the modifications I described in my last post)

Hawk shot II

edit:
    According to the exif in your images, you use Canon DPP. I am unfamiliar with this, so I'll let canon owners take over.
    Last edited by pwnage101; 14th March 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Real Name
    james

Ok Troy You have talked me into it.That is a much more interesting image.I will check out gimp.