Could I have C and C Please

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: A walk in the Park

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blenkinsopp View Post
    A walk in the Park

Could I have C and C Please
    Hi Joe,

These aren't really my scene, subject wise, but the following thoughts occur to me;
    a) crop a little off the bottom, just that foreground shadow, so the image starts with sunlit path leading the eye into the image.
    b) it might benefit from something for the eye to focus upon, a subject, perhaps a tantalising 'something' just over the brow of the hill? In context, that'll probably be someone's head - not sure if walking towards, or away from, the camera would be best.

I like it, especially big, there's a lot that is good about it; exposure, processing, saturation.

Is the title accurate?
    Looks to me like there's more to be found 'over the hill'.

Not sure if that helps,

Real Name
    Guess

Hi Dave,thanks for the comments I think they are all great points and would make this a better photo, especially the one about something just over the hill. No the title is not accurate, it was the only thing I could think of at the time. ( Actually its at the very start of the walk ) Many thanks Joe

Real Name
    Chris

Wrong title was my first impression as well...and sometimes, I think we tend to connect with a title when one is given and if it doesn't fit, we move on. I agree with the others as to it needing something to capture the eye at the bottom of the frame. Perhaps a haversack and walking stick?

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

I like the empty pathway coupled with the concept of not knowing what lies over the crest of the hill. Maybe it's the hermit in me speaking.

I would have liked to see more of the tree on the left. also perhaps moving to the left so the path is slightly more diagonal. I do think the low angle of the shot works really well.

An alternative would be to shoot from a lower angle which would make the hill appear steeper and the brow further away.

Real Name
    Guess

Many thanks to you all for your comments it's great to get another point of view on your photos, I find it amazing how other people can look at the same photo as me and come up with so many things that I had never even considered. Once again thanks a lot... Joe