Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Is it possible to set Bridge up to show 50 and 25 percent?

Real Name
    Eigil Skovgaard

Is it possible to set Bridge up to show 50 and 25 percent?

As we all know, pressing the spacebar or keying Ctrl-L will show a larger image. It's even possible to have this larger image fit the screen.
    One click on the left mouse button will show the image at 100 percent, and the next click will return it to the previous size. With the mouse-wheel it is also possible to step through 200, 400 and 800 percent and back.
    But sometimes it would be nice, if an image could be inspected at 50 or 25 percent to see more at one of the "sharp" pixel-ratios, but it is not possible to go down in size.

I wonder why. Does anybody know a way to show 50 or 25 percent with Bridge (CS5)?
    (I asked the Adobe forum a couple of weeks ago - no answer yet.)

Br. Eigil

rob marshall

Re: Is it possible to set Bridge up to show 50 and 25 percent?

At the bottom pf the main Bridge panel you have a size slider. If you slide it across to the extreme right you should find that it presents at 50%. I just measured it on-screen. You can obviously go smaller to get 25% etc.

If you want to skip through images, then change the style to 'fimstrip' as well as taking the slider across to the right.

Real Name
    Eigil Skovgaard

Hi Rob,
    Can you show me - or explain to me - your configuration of the workspace.
    I have a size slider bottom-right (about 8 cm long) controlling the size of the workspace CONTENT which is a "film-strip" with my setup, below the PREVIEW workspace.
    Pushing the slider to the extreme right just makes the filmstrip grow and show "thumbs" at 10x15 cm. The size of each image is way from 50%, as the images are uncroppet from the camera. I can easily check what 50% looks like by opening one of the images in Photoshop and key in 50% in the down left corner (it's the same screen).
    Furthermore, with no explicit indication of "25%" or "50%" I feel slightly worried about what I actually get.
    Br. Eigil

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Eigil Skovgaard View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Can you show me - or explain to me - your configuration of the workspace.
    I have a size slider bottom-right (about 8 cm long) controlling the size of the workspace CONTENT which is a "film-strip" with my setup, below the PREVIEW workspace.
    Pushing the slider to the extreme right just makes the filmstrip grow and show "thumbs" at 10x15 cm. The size of each image is way from 50%, as the images are uncroppet from the camera. I can easily check what 50% looks like by opening one of the images in Photoshop and key in 50% in the down left corner (it's the same screen).
    Furthermore, with no explicit indication of "25%" or "50%" I feel slightly worried about what I actually get.
    Br. Eigil
    Eigil

I think I see your problem. If you go to the top-right corner of the film-strip thumbnail bar there is a small pull-down menu. If you left click it you will see three option. Tick 'auto layout'. With that set, moving the size slider bar will change the size of the thumbnails and the size of the preview, and you should get 50% (although there's nothing to tell you that).

If you want to show two or more images side-by-side use CTRL/left click on different images and they will all appear in the preview. here is my layout in film strip mode.

Is it possible to set Bridge up to show 50 and 25 percent?

Real Name
    Eigil Skovgaard

Rob,
    Are we talking about the same 100 and 50 percent (?)
    My screen is 1680 x 1050 px. One of the images is 5884 x 3923 px. In 50% this image would be 4 times the area of my screen.
    Please open the attachment.
    The upper images shows that "Auto Layout" is on. The left images shows the ratio between the Content and Preview workspaces, when the slider is extreme left; the right image shows the same, when the slider is extreme right. None of the images sizes are even close to the size for 50%.
    Br. Eigil
    Attached Images Attached Images

rob marshall

I may be wrong but I think the 100% referred to in Bridge is standard setting for display, and doesn't have much to do with the actual image size in pixels. An image that is 6,000 x 3,500 pixels displayed at a true 100% would greatly overspill the screen - as indeed it does if you load it to CS5 and do a VIEW\ACTUAL PIXEL SIZE. The bridge setting is surely just a 'fill screen' 100%, because all images come out the same in Bridge regardless of their pixel dimensions.

Real Name
    Eigil Skovgaard

I can see that.
    What I need is the opportunity to "wheel down" to 50 and 25 percent after having pressed the space bar.
    I have set Bridge to show the image at "full screen" when the space bar is pressed, and it is obviously a larger image with more details, but not at one of the "sharp" pixel-ratios. The image mentioned above will probably be shown at about 27%, i.e. rendered unsharp.
    I really don't understand why Adobe haven't extended this option downwards.
    I asked hoping I had overlooked an obvious possibility.
    Thank you for the discussion.
    Br. Eigil