Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Viewing EXIF Data

Real Name
    Brian

Viewing EXIF Data

Hello everyone!

I know this has been asked before, because when I did the prerequisite search, I did find some old answers to this question...

How are you all viewing EXIF data? What's the quickest way to do it? I'm sure I could simply do a web search and get tons of options, but I would like to benefit from the experience of the fine people on this forum to get one of the quicker/easier/most reliable options out there.

Right now I save a jpeg to my HD and open it with irfanview and then pick info and then pick exif... blah blah blah... not very handy.

Thanks

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Viewing EXIF Data

Hi Brian,
    Have a look here:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...f-Viewer.shtml
    There are several EXIF readers out there.I like this one.Simple and it gives you a good bit of information.

Real Name
    Will

I know that the viewer portion of Phatch has a full EXIF display functionality, always shows it.

-Sonic

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Brian, I use two viewers, one for local and on line files and one for online, which delivers heaps of info, depending on what the poster of the image has left in the data. PhotoMe lives on your hard drive and is or can be, integrated with your browser. (Firefox for sure, not certain about IE or others). You hover over the image, either locally or on-line, right click and chose PhotoMe from the options. I generally get a message that it can't be found, but the system opens it anyway.
    For purely on-line images, Jeffery's Exif Viewer is a good choice. It can sit in your browser toolbar and you simply right click, show the image in it's own tab, then click the viewer button on your browser tool bar. Once again, this is for Firefox, so I can't say if it will work with other browsers.

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks Slimtla! I have only tried the Kumos one above so far. Sounds like the Jeffery's exif viewer might be what I'm looking for. I would just like to be able to right click on an image and select 'view exif'!

Real Name
    Scott Gordon

I use the free version of Opanda IExif. the free version works for Jpeg images only, but it is incorporated into the right mouse button so it is an easy right click away.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I would just like to be able to right click on an image and select 'view exif'!
    This will do that on Firefox;
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/exif-viewer/

It is Alan Raskin's Exif viewer 1.60.