Yegor

Tower

Whether has THIS right to a life?

Tower

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Tower

Hi Yegor,

I do like this and I also like the slight lean of the tower. If it were straight it would look boring in the frame.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Nice work, Yegor. Your b&w post-processing work here is excellent! Well done.

Real Name
    Elise

Yegor, I really like it. I like the way the bare tree branches look kind of lacy -- and that that is echoed, in a way, by the bricks of the tower. I might have cloned out the little thing -- an antenna? -- on top of the tower.

Real Name
    Yegor

Thank you all. I was afraid, that has not turned out - always or too dark or to the contrary. Antennal? Really)))) I did not see it before))))

Real Name
    Elise

I didn't see it either when I first looked at the picture. Maybe it's not an antenna, but there's something sticking out of the roof!

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    I didn't see it either when I first looked at the picture. Maybe it's not an antenna, but there's something sticking out of the roof!
    There should be a communication with space))))))))))))))

Yegor

I think the tones are good but i find it far too busy and a touch over-sharpened. I think the tower on its own - yes - but the tree as well is too much. The romanesque tower was designed to be viewed uncluttered and this particular style of building does not lend itself to imposition of the natural form of the tree. The bold styling of the tower make it ideal for a b/w subject. The tree breaks up the geometric architecture and dilutes the boldness of its conception.

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Yegor

I think the tones are good but i find it far too busy and a touch over-sharpened. I think the tower on its own - yes - but the tree as well is too much. The romanesque tower was designed to be viewed uncluttered and this particular style of building does not lend itself to imposition of the natural form of the tree. The bold styling of the tower make it ideal for a b/w subject. The tree breaks up the geometric architecture and dilutes the boldness of its conception.
    You are maybe right. I only try to convert in black-and-white. This my weak point. The tower without a tree should be with a suitable background, in Venice it is difficult))))