Thread: Beauty and the Beast

Real Name
    Peter

Beauty and the Beast

Little bit of nature at the Deep Creek Conservation Park, South Australia:
    Beauty and the Beast
    But this beauty comes with it's own dangers:
    Beauty and the Beast
    My wife walked straight past it and my brother spotted it, Luckily for us it went back the way it had come and we left it in peace, It was a brown snake, responsible for the occasional fatality, if not treated quickly, we were about one and a half hours from the nearest hospital and would have had to negotiate some bushy terrain to get out quickly.
    Peter

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Beauty and the Beast

No wonder some of the National Geographic photographers really wear heavy leather boots to protect themselves with this unforeseen dangers. I'm glad you're all unharmed. Nice scenery btw.

Real Name
    Bob R

Nice picture, but where are we looking? Just curious

Real Name
    Peter

This is the Deep Creek Conservation park in south australia, about 80 kilometers south of the state's capital of adelaide.
    The park consists of 4,500 hectares of rugged coastline and natural bushland, the park is maintained by parks and wildlife services and affords views across the back stairs passage to Kangaroo island and is home to many of the regions flora and fauna, there are camping grounds and well marked trails for hiking and driving. the park also contains parts of the heyson trail.
    Peter

Real Name
    Bob R

Thank you Peter, absolutely beautiful, reminds me of driving down Baja, Mexico, 45 years ago. So pristine, my kind of place. I must come see it one day, it will be on my bucket list now.

Real Name
    Chris

When I first opened it, I thought I was on Santa Catalina Island chasing wild burros again, but dodging rattlesnakes and wild boar instead of snakes and black mambas.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    When I first opened it, I thought I was on Santa Catalina Island chasing wild burros again, but dodging rattlesnakes and wild boar instead of snakes and black mambas.
    Catalina Island - California???