Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mozart K.332 - third movement

Mozart

Mozart K.332 - third movement

Oh, dear... haven't we seen this type of photo, somewhere, before? ...but it was still lovely to do.

C&C, please.
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 6th March 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Mozart

Very, very nice, Katy! 5 thumbs to your latest work! #1 and #3 is a sure winner for me.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Very nice, Katy. It looks sorta familiar. Maybe Jiro knows where you may have seen something similiar? I'm with Jiro #1 and #3. Number 2 is nice too.

Real Name
    Kay

Lovely - this one needs to be in your music competition....funny I picked up a score of old sheet music that was lying around at school on Friday to bring home and try to use it for an image for the comp...
    For some strange reason my office (Sports Admin) is right in the middle of the music department section...
    Perhaps I am there for some subliminal transfer of culture...

I would of course not be able to do anything as nice as # 3 it is quite beautiful - but I will have fun trying

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Katy, how about adding some nice paper texture to the piano piece to make it more aged and then some additional sepia tone vignettes?

Real Name
    Raylee

Lovely Katy. They have your personality written all over them. I agree with Willie's suggestion - an antique finish would be nice.

R

Real Name
    Tim

It is not that easy doing truly original stuff. What we try to do is give a fresh take on them. I like th colors, and the pencil notes, which we all know any piece of sheet music that has ever really been studied has, and the texture of those particular flowers.

I know that whenever I get a picture of a bird that I think is particularly nice, I end up thinking "didn't I see this picture in Roger Tory Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds of North America..." Then I shrug, and look for what is mine in the photo.

rob marshall

Charming, Katy. A sense of discreet taste and refinement, that we have come to expect from you.

Were you listening to it when you shot these?

Thanks, Jiro, Mary, Kay and Camellia for your input and encouragement! (and, here I was feeling all silly with these...) I think that the warm, antique color in 1 and 3 do make them better than the B&W. It's such beautiful music - just the aged pages alone - and I should just copy it and stop using the original before it disintegrates but I'm really attached to it. I don't even know where it came from originally. It was just in the piano bench when I was young.

I do like the idea of adding texture. Into the pile it goes, for when I get photoshop and learn to do textures.

Jiro, your five thumbs up reminds me of a line from a Harry Connick Jr. song that always makes me chuckle - "I held on with two fingers so the other ten could rest."

Quote Originally Posted by tameigh View Post
    It is not that easy doing truly original stuff. What we try to do is give a fresh take on them. I like th colors, and the pencil notes, which we all know any piece of sheet music that has ever really been studied has, and the texture of those particular flowers.

I know that whenever I get a picture of a bird that I think is particularly nice, I end up thinking "didn't I see this picture in Roger Tory Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds of North America..." Then I shrug, and look for what is mine in the photo.
    Good words, Tim! Peterson's Field Guide is our little, Birdy Bible!

Real Name
    Steve

I think it is supposed to sound nice.

Real Name
    Steve

I like #3. Well done indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Charming, Katy. A sense of discreet taste and refinement, that we have come to expect from you.
    er, thanks!

Were you listening to it when you shot these?
    No, not when I took the photos. I looked it up as I post processed them, though. This is the version that I came up with (which I think is better.... She has more musicality and a sense of Mozart's humor in her interpretation.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wWX3...3C4F7BA328CF05

I felt like my first title was so pretentious! It's just what I see in them - the selected one is K.332 and it's open to the third movement in photo #3. I should have mentioned the tape in the title - I love the tape!
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 7th March 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    I like #3. Well done indeed.
    Thanks, Arith! It took me so long to write my last response (DISTRACTING kangaroos all over the place, here, today) that I missed what you said. I have to go, now, the biggest kangaroo wants to play Minecraft. sigh.