Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Spiders I have known

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Spiders I have known

This beastie was on the outside of a sun room glass door. Nothing memorable about it other than the 'Medusa' type face mask which I noticed on its underside of its thorax just before I was about to delete it, the photo that is, not the spider! It was left to move on and live another day.
    Spiders I have known

Real Name
    Tim

Re: Spiders I have known

If this is one of your near rejects, you are on to something with your spider photos.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Tim
    Thanks for nice comment. At the risk of sounding twee, my problem with this one, apart from the 'face mask' bit, is that it just seems so flat and colourless as an image.
    Ken

Real Name
    Tim

Ken,
    I don't find it that way at all, in fact, if you raise the saturation on the red and orange maybe, that spot would provide a very nice counterpoint to the other colors. I don't find it colorless at all. But it does need some PP to bring it out. A little noise reduction too. Maybe you could post the raw file?
    - Tim

If that was shot through a glass door it is a very good result. Obviously your windows are better than mine.

Possibly try a second image which is a closer crop of just the body and femora which would, with a tiny amount of adjustment, make those body markings a little clearer.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Tim
    It is always uncomfortable to be caught out and exposed in the spotlight of public embarassment But, seeing as I don't normally revisit old photo files other than for the occasional 'nostalgia,' I have abominable housekeeping practices in this regard. Which is spin talk for, "Raw file data? Who keeps raw file data? Like, I have a tiff copy. So, who needs raw data files?" Sorry sir.
    Ken

Real Name
    Tim

Aha! So you liked it more than you admit! I don't blame you, it is a nice one. I have just been playing a lot with PP lately and am always looking for a chance to play some more.