Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Not a person..well, it is, and not just a machine

Real Name
    Chris

Not a person..well, it is, and not just a machine

though mostly. A student in the costume design class readying a work for a competition. I suspect he will get into whatever fashion design school he chooses and they'll beat the door down to get him.

Not a person..well, it is, and not just a machine

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Not a person..well, it is, and not just a machine

That's the sort of 'people-at-work' image that I like and plan to do some of later this year.

Real Name
    Chris

Great minds, eh? I started a series at school of students doing what they normally do in the course of the day. I use a different image every day at the start of my morning news program my students produce. The Busy Feet, Going Places and The Reach photos were all used this week...it keeps me busy. I am probably going to start using the video part of the camera and go from a short video clip to a 4:3 tv frame still for the remainder of the broadcast, as we do them live every day.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

What type of school do you teach at?

I like the thought, Chris but the focus on the t shirt worn by the sewer is distracting. You are fascinating! If its not musical instruments, its ships and now its sewing machines. Your photos are certainly interesting.

Real Name
    Chris

I teach at a regular high school with some advanced programs, Costume Design being one of them, Photography and Dance, others. I know the shirt was distracting, but it is so "him" and it was being usd as a part of a schoolwide broadcast. I didn't want to show his face (besides the fact it would have been a very difficult shot), but I wanted the other students to be able to ID him. I have no particular genre in which I hold more interest than in another...ships one day, pelicans the next, a wall after that. If it strikes a chord in me, i shoot it.