Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kookaburra

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Kookaburra

Kookaburra ( aka Laughing Jackass or 'Bushie's' rain bird) down on a post by the river during recent floods when a lot of trees in which it would normally perch had fallen.

Kookaburra

Real Name
    Cheri

Re: Kookaburra

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Kookaburra ( aka Laughing Jackass or 'Bushie's' rain bird) down on a post by the river during recent floods when a lot of trees in which it would normally perch had fallen.

Kookaburra
    Taking pictures of birds is so rewarding. They have such a good spirit and start each day with such energy. I could spend an entire day at our local bird sanctuary taking pictures.

Real Name
    Will

Only one day??

Nice picture Ken. It looks as if it was cropped from a much larger original, which means it is not super sharp or detailed.

-Sonic

Real Name
    Dr Nasseem Michael Malouf

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post

Kookaburra
    Its a beautiful specimen. Shame you didnt blur your background more as it is distracting. Next time try a wider aperature. This is one I photographed today at the gun club.

Nasseem

Kookaburra

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by maloufn View Post
    Its a beautiful specimen. Shame you didnt blur your background more as it is distracting. Next time try a wider aperature. This is one I photographed today at the gun club.

Nasseem
    Great shot you took at gun club. It is just so sharp and clea. Thank you for your helpful comment Nasseem. Very much appreciated. I am currently experimenting with wider apertures. At the moment I am a little unsure of just how blurred a background should be. I am getting the impression from comments and looking at the work of others that, most times for close ups, that more is better?
    Ken

Kookaburra

Real Name
    Dr Nasseem Michael Malouf

Ken If May say it is called BOKEH or blur of the background to isolate your subject so viewers can focus on the main character. It is achieved in many ways one of which is
    selecting a wide aperature. Have a look at the tutorials on the CIC site. Good luck with your next shot. Go out and shoot the same subject whatever and put your camera on aperature priority: shoot at ascending levels of aperature: eg 2.8 then 5.6, then 8, then 11, then f16 or 22 and have a look how the blur decreases.

Nasseem