Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A really dumb question, I'm sure --

Real Name
    Elise

A really dumb question, I'm sure --

I'm very puzzled -- somehow I have lost the buttons on my Lightroom 3 that allow me to minimize or close the program -- you know, the buttons (in Windows) way up on the right side of the screen?? I can't figure out what happened to them, or how to get them back. Right clicking on the top bar gives me nothing. Also, if I left click on the top of the screen and try to move the program (the other way of minimizing it), nothing happens.

You computer geniuses -- any ideas?? I can close it by right-clicking on the bottom icon on the task bar, but it just bugs me that I don't know what happened.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: A really dumb question, I'm sure --

I've got the OSX version, but Window->Screen Mode might be what you're looking for. On the Mac, you can toggle through the different modes with F.

As Kathy has mentioned, try pressing the 'F' key to cycle through the different display modes.

There are loads of keyboard shortcuts in Lightroom, as with most software - the following link from Adobe lists them all. Learning just a few will really speed up your workflow.

Lightroom Keyboard Shortcuts

Charlie.

Real Name
    Chris

Awesome link charlie, thanks....

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

And old trick I know to close the "active" program in Windows is to press ALT+F4. Works most of the time.

Real Name
    Elise

Ah, thank you -- Window/Screen Mode/Normal was exactly what I needed, but I just couldn't see it. That's the kind of thing that just drives me nuts -- now I'm happy!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady
    You computer geniuses -- any ideas?? I can close it by right-clicking on the bottom icon on the task bar, but it just bugs me that I don't know what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiro
    An old trick I know to close the "active" program in Windows is to press ALT+F4. Works most of the time
    Also left clicking on the Task Bar icon for the program toggles it visible or minimised.

Plus: Double clicking the title bar in program's open window toggles it between maximised and restore (intermediate) size.

Real Name
    Will

Another shortcut in most programs I have used is F11 (check Dave's Signature), used to put the window full screen. This I find useful for computers with less than 1440X900 screens especially, as it removes the title bar and task bar, giving you a boost in vertical realestate.

-Sonic