Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Not Landsape, Not Architecture... It's Ribbon

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Not Landsape, Not Architecture... It's Ribbon

I decided to just take some photos of things I love and then fiddle with them in LR and CS5 and add textures. I love the fiddling part. I have ribbon... lots of it... this is just one of jar of probably hundreds of yards and spools and jars that I have. I picked the greens 'cuz it looks like Spring even though we still have feet and feet of snow.

I know it's dark on the bottom right corner... I know what layer it's from, but can't seem to remove it, clone it... oh well.

dsc_0023-copyresize.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Tim

Re: Not Landsape, Not Architecture... It's Ribbon

I know what you mean... I plan to not take another picture this year that has so much as a snowflake in it. I wish I could help you with your issue, but I don't know anything about textures.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by tameigh View Post
    I know what you mean... I plan to not take another picture this year that has so much as a snowflake in it. I wish I could help you with your issue, but I don't know anything about textures.
    I love snow... but... I. Have. Had. Enough.

Hi, Mary! Obviously, I know how you guys are feeling about the stale and frozen outside. The thought of something light and bright sounds like a really good idea to me. This just seems a little too washed out (but, maybe, the whole point is high key?) I do wish, though, that there was a little bit more of your "idea" in this - those homey textures and cheery colors is the point of the photo, right?. Well, I wish that the ribbon popped more. Also, I like the meeting of the glass, the metal of the clamp, the ribbon and whatever the jar is on (wood?) I wish that I could see those textures more. I surely do like the subject, though.

(I should add that I'm just on a tiny laptop and, maybe, your colors are fine. I fret about mine being too strong!)
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 4th March 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Hi, Mary! Obviously, I know how you guys are feeling about the stale and frozen outside. The thought of something light and bright sounds like a really good idea to me. This just seems a little too washed out (but, maybe, the whole point is high key?) I do wish, though, that there was a little bit more of your "idea" in this - those homey textures and cheery colors is the point of the photo, right?. Well, I wish that the ribbon popped more. Also, I like the meeting of the glass, the metal of the clamp, the ribbon and whatever the jar is on (wood?) I wish that I could see those textures more. I surely do like the subject, though.

(I should add that I'm just on a tiny laptop and, maybe, your colors are fine. I fret about mine being too strong!)
    Yes, I pp for high key. My intent was not originally that, but what I captured didn't translate from my head, to camera, to screen so I went another direction. So, here it is in all it original unglory on top of my beloved coffee table.

dsc_0016resize.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Cheri

I would try adding a little punch of red somewhere or another really bright colour. It's a thought.

Real Name

There were actually ribbons in the jar that had a bright pink, some blue... I took them out. I'll go back and see if I took any pics with them included. Nothing's working these days.

It needs that pretty "florabella" action! Do you know the one?

Here's the link (I mean, it only costs a teeny-tiny bit.):

http://florabellacollection.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 5th March 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    It needs that pretty "florabella" action! Do you know the one?

Here's the link (I mean, it only costs a teeny-tiny bit.):

http://florabellacollection.blogspot.com/
    I have lots of actions... but only free ones. I'll fiddle around and see what I can do. I'm home alone all day... again. Brent is still in Virginia Beach and he is so lucky 'cuz Max (college boy) drove over from LU last night to spend the weekend with him. And Tye is working at the mountain all day and then off to a concert at church tonight. So, it's just me, Lucy and Phat Ziggy.