Thread: house finch .. I think

Real Name
    james

house finch .. I think

house finch .. I think

Real Name
    Paul

Re: house finch .. I think

James I like the composition, I feel it would have been better had the focus been on the bird rather than the feeder.

Real Name
    james

I agree Paul ,I was having trouble with my autofocus viewpoints flipping from one subject to another .Since then I learned to set on the center point .I really like the pose and the background blur .I am new to this ,and I am learning lots everyday thanks to all the good folk here .

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I think you're getting better at composing your shots, James. Now, nail that focusing point and you got a winner!

Real Name
    Will

James,

I'm pretty sure that this is a female purple finch (not sure on the gender) and the markings are nicely displayed in the shot. I like the composition, but the image could use some noise reduction, and sharpening. Try stacking blurred brighten and darken only layers of the image with layer masks on the original for noise reduction.

-Sonic

Real Name
    james

Will, first of all let me thank you for the species identification. Second, I think you were talking Japanese as I am just an amatuer. I don't have photo shop so any post production I do is limited to brightness, contrast, and crop. As I progress with my ability to compose good shots ,select the right settings, and execute the shot properly only then will I think about post production because this is all very overwhelming. Once more let me thank you for your input and its really good to hear my composition is improving. Thanks Jim

Real Name
    Will

Sorry to confuse you Jim,

I'd be glad to help with other identification or with getting started in post processing. If you are interested in learning pp try downloading GIMP www.gimp.org and then ask back here for help. there is also a complete online help package for GIMP.

-Sonic