Apartements

Apartements

Apartements

Apartements

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Apartements

Hi Iwan,

I'd say these were all good compositions and would make better images with some more PP effort.
    #1 tonal range and vertical verticals
    #2 tonal range and perhaps a small perspective tweak (because I think this is level, but you were slightly off centre, so where the walls meet the edges of frame isn't level, even though the floor is. There's evident barrel distortion on the handrail too.
    #3 looks like it would benefit from having some detail in the sky, or shoot again on a blue sky day.

I do like the way #3 climbs up into nowhere, my favourite.

Regards,

Thank Rustyshutter yours advise. Is foto one good enough to enter my portfolio ?
    The second I have to quick shot, the don't allow to make foto in that area ( privacy )...
    The third one, I tried to make another angle with vertical, I am agree this foto nothing anywhere. The sky is blue very difficult to find here with winter time....

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanbogor View Post
    Thank Rustyshutter yours advise. Is foto one good enough to enter my portfolio ?
    Please bear in mind I am no expert and therefore probably should not say these things, but ..

I think #3 is the strongest shot for a portfolio. You could even use it to experiment with an effect like some of Kaskais's excellent images (false colour skies), have a look through all his old posts, or quicker; his website linked from a recent post like parachute dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanbogor View Post
    I tried to make another angle with vertical, I am agree this foto nothing anywhere.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the angle in #3, and the final comment I made was an observation on why I liked it, I think you may have mis-understood.

#1 is OK if you're trying to show the downside to urban living with everyone living in close proximity to each other, the lack of light for the people below and the overdue paint job to brighten the place up. Before it goes anywhere near a portfolio it must be straightened up and would benefit from local contrast enhancement, there's a tutorial on this site about how to do that. It doesn't take long, but try a few different values to see which looks best, don't just go with the first attempt.

I know what you mean about a lack of blue skies in winter!

Perhaps someone else would like to express an opinion, particularly in respect of portfolio shots.

By way of encouragement; if this is a portfolio to get you into a photography course/school/university, I hope the reviewers will notice that you do have an eye for a good picture, even if afterwards, you don't yet have the skills to get the best from it. However, since that's what they are hopefully going to teach you, they should see you as a good candidate. I am including in this opinion your photo's in other threads I have not replied to, I have seen and liked them.

I wish you good luck,

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Each photo is interesting in its own way. I think you picked good angles for your shots. The first one would look good in HDR if you get another shot at it.

I'm fascinated by the second one but it took a while for me to realize that it is a sky-painted ceiling. The fact that I couldn't figure it out at first glance may be good as it requires a second look...a hook to draw viewers into your image. Again I think HDR would help bring out detail in the darker areas.

The third one powerfully punches into the sky. I think it could use a little PP to separate it from the sky. Others here could give you advice on that.

I hope I'm not being too picky here. They are good shots and I'm just thinking what I might do to make them even better. My advice is worth everything you paid for it.

Chuck

Thank guys for reactions, I put on two another foto's [B]Hole & no guest ?

Apartements

Apartements