Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wales

  1. #1
    rob marshall

    Wales

    C&C welcome

    Wales

    Wales

    Wales

    Wales

  2. #2
    mythlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Capitola, CA
    Posts
    748
    Real Name
    Elise

    Re: Wales

    Beautiful pictures, Rob -- I love the "bargain booze" one with the nice-looking houses reflected in the window. And the antimacassars one is wonderful -- I love the symmetry of it, broken only by the little bit of rug on the left.

  3. #3

    Re: Wales

    Well, these are brilliant and bitingly sarcastic commentaries. (and, I'm so glad that someone else likes to shoot interiors.) Hmmm, didn't you mention in one of the threads, somewhere, that you work so hard to remove imperfections from your photos and you were thinking about not having photos that were so "perfect"? Aren't these gritty, then?

  4. #4
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,714
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    C&C welcome
    Superb social commentaries/documentary and historical records ....... and d... good images too boot!

    The clarity is quite awesome. Just about to load up Silver Efex Pro which arrived today. Watch this space!

  5. #5

    Re: Wales

    Rob, they are all beautifully done but the 'lavvy' brings back those childhood memories. Mind you ours did not have a the low flush and designer bowl. The seat was some sort of bakelite and it got so cold in winter you had to take a wooden top seat with you that hung in the coal hole. No, I did not live in Cheshire then....they had side by side versions in brushed stainless with pink velour seats and one of those crocheted covers for the Izal Slide-back. Ow t'other 'alf live eh?

  6. #6
    rob marshall

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Well, these are brilliant and bitingly sarcastic commentaries. (and, I'm so glad that someone else likes to shoot interiors.) Hmmm, didn't you mention in one of the threads, somewhere, that you work so hard to remove imperfections from your photos and you were thinking about not having photos that were so "perfect"? Aren't these gritty, then?
    Funny thing is, with the toilet shot I actually moved the toilet brush into that position from the other side. I thought it would add more social realism...

  7. #7
    rob marshall

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Superb social commentaries/documentary and historical records ....... and d... good images too boot!

    The clarity is quite awesome. Just about to load up Silver Efex Pro which arrived today. Watch this space!
    Thanks, Donald. I used the Panasonic G1 for these shots. Shows how good it is for a 450 camera.

    Silver Efex, eh? We expect great things, my boy. Great things.

  8. #8
    rob marshall

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Rob, they are all beautifully done but the 'lavvy' brings back those childhood memories. Mind you ours did not have a the low flush and designer bowl. The seat was some sort of bakelite and it got so cold in winter you had to take a wooden top seat with you that hung in the coal hole. No, I did not live in Cheshire then....they had side by side versions in brushed stainless with pink velour seats and one of those crocheted covers for the Izal Slide-back. Ow t'other 'alf live eh?
    I just knew it would strike a chord with your memories of Northern childhood bliss...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •