Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Little Angel

Real Name
    Jeff Mollman

Little Angel

Ok people- thoughts, opinions, criticism...

Little Angel

Real Name
    Janis

Re: Little Angel

I think it's lovely, Jeff. The colour in her nostril, on the end of her nose and on her thumb looks a little oversaturated to me and is a bit distracting and I might be tempted to crop a bit of the black on the left. But I'm a beginner, so those are purely subjective comments/criticisms.

She is charming; is she yours? Suddenly I have an intense longing to see my youngest niece, who is a fourteen-hour drive away. (Sniff.)

Real Name
    Jeff Mollman

Janis, yes she is mine . She's about a year and a half old. Yeah, I too wondered about the black space on the left, but I tried an 8x10 crop which took a little more of the black out but then it seemed too out of balance. If I were to reshoot it then I think I might try a portrait orientation instead. The color on her nose is just bounce off of the rose, I didn't actually touch the vibrance or saturation slider on post processing. I might take it into photoshop for a local adjustment.

Jeff, this is a beautiful shot of a beautiful subject no matter which way up you look at it. Yes the light is a little harsh in places but it just means you will get it perfect next time around. You will notice I had the same issue yesterday with the shots of my son. I am going to dig out an old white bedsheet next time and hang it between the light source and the subject.

Real Name
    Jeff Mollman

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I am going to dig out an old white bedsheet next time and hang it between the light source and the subject.
    Perfect! Hadn't thought of it, but that would produce very nice results.

Real Name
    Robin

One for the family album and a memory to treasure for ever - what more can one ask of a photograph.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Yep, she is going to love seeing that in 25/30 - 40/50 years time. A beautiful record of childhood.

Real Name
    Richard

Very nice image of a lovely child. However, I am not so keen on the way the caption "Innocence" seems just to sit there, neither on the image nor on the frame, but caught between the two...

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Awesome portrait.