Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Santa Claus store

Santa Claus store

dear all
    I've found this web store http://www.firstcamerasale.com wich has incredible low prices! have someone of you ever bought something in that shop? what's the bug? perhaps someone living nearby in UK has also checked the address...
    thanks for your help!
    Nicola

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Santa Claus store

I have always been one of those..if it looks too good to be true....it's probably not! Let the buyer beware.

Real Name
    Glen

and this site would seem to back that up

http://www.scamchecker.com/report/fi...situated-rusia

Glen

Real Name
    Chris

There ya go!

Real Name
    Steve

Can't verify any of the claims such as '#1 in Fast Track 100' , I just got company unknown and I just got tired of looking.

They claim to be:
    Name & Registered Office:
    CAMERA WAREHOUSE LTD
    13 FRENSHAM ROAD
    SWEET BRIAR INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    NORWICH
    NORFOLK
    ENGLAND
    NR3 2BT
    Company No. 06523440

From Company House and you have to pay them to find out anything, and of course these could be misleading. So you want somebody called Hatfield linked to that company and the web address registered as a trade mark. I personally would not buy from them if I was unsure.

The phone has a London code which isn't in Norwich. I did a phishing check and nothing came up. So I don't know.

Of course now I'v just seen above mind you I've been looking for something like that.

But you can have a website in another country; I have but Russia is a bit of an odd place where business is concerned, why not Britain or even the USA.

'Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration FIRSTCAMERASALE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    (480) 624-2599'

But it is registered by Godaddy and the server is in Scottsdale, Arizona.

However, NOTE that this is a business that wants to keep itself secret, not good for advertising, and they was reported as unknown by 'Fast Track' but of course they could be listed under a different name; so I definitely will not be buying from them.

Addendum: why give your address on a website and then keep it private in whois? and surprise surprise isn't it a coincidence that Warehouse Express is in the same street, in fact same number. So is it Warehouse Express?
    Last edited by arith; 17th February 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Real Name
    Glen

From other posts I have seen, Camera Warehouse is a legitimate business, and has a showroom at the registered address. But FirstCameraSale has nothing to do with Camera Warehouse, and is just using their name and details as a cover.
    There is a post on one of the other forums from Camera Warehouse saying they are aware of this, and are trying to get the FirstCameraSale site shut down.

Real Name
    Paul

That site is NOT real,

This lens...

http://www.firstcameras.net/product_...ucts_id=149228

Is only availble at Jessops at this current time...I think anyway or so i was told by Jessops, have not done a search to find out though...Have now done a search and guess what, I was wrong and just realised i could have saved myself a few £££'s, Jessops

Many thanks to all!!
    if I were Sherlock Holmes I would like to check you for my investigations...!!
    once again the low price (unfortunately ) shows a fraud..
    we can classify this web store as many other...as Sun to buy, justcanon, shootphotomarket etc..

Real Name
    Remco

Actually, those of you who are in the UK might want to tell Warehouse Express about those imposters. If WE is a good company with a reputation to maintain I'd expect them to be 'not amused' by such antics.

Edit: and they are the ones with legal standing to take action on that ground...

Real Name
    Steve

Warehouse Express is one of the best companies on the internet and I have spent hundreds there. So you have indeed found a likely dodgy site and I've already reported it as a possible phishing site to M$.

These sites are getting very realistic now, with comforting telephone number, an address and listing in Companies House, and it would be possible to fool me even if they didn't claim to win so many awards but seem to be unheard of.

However, some companies do trade under different names, but it is possible to link them all together sometimes after a bit of luck. I can't imagine WE doing that considering it is very successful and they have already stated they are nothing to do with this site, but that is what stopped me using one site where the person on the telephone was unaware of an almost identical site but with different prices until I traced the premium rate phone number on one of them to the same company.

I think I will keep to the companies I know after this experience. cheers

Real Name
    Ben

Hi all,

I'm the Technical Writer and resident forum moderator/browser at Warehouse Express and just though I'd better chip in to confirm what others have said, namely that Warehouse Express has no links whatsoever with firstcameras.net, firstcamerashop.net, first-cameras.net, mosxpress.com or any other websites that, for reasons best known to them, are using our contact details in their customer service sections.

Whilst it would be bad manners (and, I believe, a breach of the rules) to suggest that you only shop at the official www.warehouseexpress.com website, I would strongly suggest that you avoid any of these potentially fraudulent websites and spend your hard earned money at a more well known and reputable retailer - even if that isn't us!

Best regards,

Ben

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Ben at WEX View Post
    I'm the Technical Writer and resident forum moderator/browser at Warehouse Express
    Thanks Ben for that notice.

For what it's worth folks (and I'm not on commission), I've spent £ ???? k at WE (frightening when I add it up) and have always had excellent service. The poor quality of the images is all to do with me and nothing to do with the the service or equipment from WE!

Real Name
    Steve

I'm really slow; I don't have a landline and so my old frail pensioner relatives could phone a cheaper number I added an online number which started as 020 3239 ****

The number is probably even located in Russia, it is possible to buy online numbers for most major cities in the world; the main idea is if you have say student relatives in another country then an online number in that country ensures they have no excuses to not phone home.

The biggest mistake the scammers made was trying to link themselves to one of the best, if they used an obscure address in London and didn't make such big claims which are checkable, it would be virtually impossible to catch them out until enough people had lost money.

Important information here might be to discover the prefixes for online numbers but there is a lot; or do what I'm going to do now and stick with who you know. cheers

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Prices in Euros is another oddity in the UK!

The site does look plausible, but as above; if it looks to good to be true, it is too good to be true!

Thanks guys for being here.
    I almost placed an order and you saved me a lot.
    Maybe in a next life or somewhere on the road, I own you a drink.
    Keep on doing this good work.

Regardes and respect, Ron

Forgive my rusty English.