Thread: Vignetting

Real Name
    Abhi

Vignetting

I took this photo a few days ago. Just some wild growing grass/weed. And the first thing that I noticed was the Vignetting.

Vignetting
    The photo was taken using Digital Rebel using the 55-250mm IS lens @ 116mm, f/5.

My understanding is that vignetting can be corrected during post processing, but I could not find any details regarding how. I have Photoshop, but I have never used it for any major editing. Can someone give me some pointers to start out. Thanks for your help.

--
    Abhi

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Vignetting

Abhi: In Adobe Elements you go to the FILTER menu and then CORRECT CAMERA DISTORTIONS a window pops up with various sliders one of which is VIGNETTE. The commands in Elements are very simalar to Photoshop so if you look in that area you might find it. Hope that helps till a Photoshop person comes along to help out

Wendy

Real Name
    Jim

Open your image in ACR and click on the 6th tab from the left.This will give you the ability to correct the vignette.
    Vignetting

Real Name
    Abhi

Thanks Wendy and Jim. I will try it and post the results. Hopefully tomorrow, unless I go out in the morning to take pictures again. I have a day off.