Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Focus on Imaging Exhibition - NEC 6-9th March

Real Name
    John

Focus on Imaging Exhibition - NEC 6-9th March

Is anyone thinking of going to this exhibition. I went to the last exhibition ans was amazed by how much sale price stuff was there.

What would be on people's list to buy

Are there exhibitors who are 'must sees' - not the big named people but exhibitors where we might find bargains worth going for?

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Focus on Imaging Exhibition - NEC 6-9th March

I am planning on going on the last day, wednesday. I have never been before but I am going with a mate who also went last year and said it was excellent.

For me, it is mainly about looking at things I can't afford but I figure it is always worth researching the wish list just in case I get lucky.

I am looking forward to the sale items now for sure. Will you take your camera? My mate seems to think that it is worth the effort.

Real Name
    Robin

Don't think I've ever missed one and I always come away feeling inspired. The kit is interesting - some massive glass and mega, mega pixel bodies to fondle but it is the stands that show the work of various photographers and the fascinating smaller stands with bit-n-bobs of kit that make you think "DOH, why didn't I think of that" that make the trip worth while for me.

Take your camera by all means but remember this is a trade show and few professionals will be wandering round with their tools round their necks so you're going to stand out.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Take your camera by all means but remember this is a trade show and few professionals will be wandering round with their tools round their necks so you're going to stand out.
    True, I was just planning to snap any good stuff with the I-phone to help me remember it later.

Real Name
    Diane

I'll be there on the Monday. Might be on the lookout for some filters, investigate studio lighting and equipment, framing stuff (as hubby has just done a framing course), a new mount cutter.

I would have been looking at a new lens, but I got one off eBay a couple of weeks ago at a bargain price from a business seller. I would have gone to Jacobs, as they were the cheapest, but they have put up their price by almost £100, presumably so they can offer a 'bargain discount' at Focus!