Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: got any kings?

Real Name
    Andy Bray

got any kings?

just starting out doing candid, C+C welcome.

img_0003.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 11th February 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add image inline

Real Name
    Peter

Re: got any kings?

Hi Andy,

I like the colour in this – very vibrant. The shallow DOF makes me concentrate on the person at front left and I follow their gaze ‘to the bottom of the frame’. You have created an ‘emotional line’ that leads me out of the frame. Maybe if you had use a portrait format we could have seen what the person was looking at and I think would connect us to the image more.

The thing about all photography is to learn as many styles of presentation as possible, shoot all the angles you can and see what works for you. It is just practise and you will start to automatically turn your camera without thinking.

Real Name
    neil

Re: got any kings?

I really like candid work. I think there is a bit more room for small issues that we wouldn't like in posed shots but same compositional issues remain. The guys head in the background is distracting and as Peter says we should probably see the subject that the person is looking at. But great to get out and start taking pictures of the real world! So keep at it!