Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Magic of light and shadows

Real Name
    Yegor

Magic of light and shadows

I need your opinion about it:

Re: Magic of light and shadows

Well purely a personal opinion, Yegor, but I don't like scenes with a large area of nothingness; especially when it is an offset area, so I would crop it.

But this sort of style appears to be becoming popular lately. Maybe I would try two different styled copies.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

You need a good play between light and shadows to create a 3-dimensional image on a 2-dimensional frame, Yegor. There's not much detail to show some perspective on this. I hate to say this but... sorry, didn't work for me this time, Yegor. Still, I should say this one is an interesting work.

Real Name
    Yegor

Thanks u... Well,i wanna try all the direction))) this is my first try.
    About the "scenes with a large area of nothingness" - I appreciate your opinion. This business of taste - here is not a rule or the law))) Crop - it will turn out really badly. Figures will leave on the foreground, and they are necessary only for an atmosphere. I did not put accent on them. Comment Jiro about unsuccessful game of light and a shadow In that case takes place. BUT, I shall not begin to stop on failure))))) Thanks for comments.

Real Name
    Raylee

Hi Yegor

I think this is worth pursuing. To me, there is an element of mystery about the lights and the blackness. I'd try cropping on the left to remove the window. Then I'd try to bring out a little bit of detail in the wall and the edge of the pier - just a little bit to tease the eye which would add to the element of the unknown.

If I were you, I'd try more shots like this. The concept appeals to me.

R

Real Name
    Jeroen

Hi Yegor,
    (large) area's of nothingness can create very strong photographs. Though the hard thing about it is that it's quite against the rules, there are barely guidelines to hold on to.
    I believe I showed you work of michael kenna (which a really really like) before. I think he somehow has a great feeling of how to use empty space in his photographs.
    for example:

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Yegor,

I do enjoy looking at your work and I agree with Raylee. I quiet like the idea of a two dimensional image and I don’t mind the negative space and feel it MIGHT be improved with a little more blackness on the window side and slightly less on the other. But as Raylee says there is something here and you should keep trying.

Real Name
    Yegor

Thank you all! To look ready works much easier. To make similar it has appeared hardly! It is a lot of material - ways too much. To pick up successfully light, shadows and silhouettes difficultly. But still it is a lot of attempts ahead)))) As a result I have stopped on it:

has simply changed the original. I shall try to return on that place to shoot once again

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    Thank you all! To look ready works much easier. To make similar it has appeared hardly! It is a lot of material - ways too much. To pick up successfully light, shadows and silhouettes difficultly. But still it is a lot of attempts ahead)))) As a result I have stopped on it:

has simply changed the original. I shall try to return on that place to shoot once again
    Hi,
    Digging in the deep could be a solution.I gave you a small idea.
    Don't give up!

Real Name
    Yegor

Wow! Powerfully!I have not thought to make so Thanks, very good idea