Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Pixelated Photos

Real Name
    Shawnda

Pixelated Photos

Hey everyone!

I have been reading quite a bit of information on the tutorials and etc., to help improve my photo taking. However, I do have a question for ya guys.

I had some photos developed and one or two of them in the photo came out pixelated on the actual photo vs. coming out clean. Something had to have been off on the resolution for this to happen. Now on the computer, the picture doesn't look like it would be pixelated. So, I'm confused!

Can one tell me how it is that I can ensure that this doesn't happen again in the future when I go to develop the photos, please?

Thanks!

Real Name
    Remco

Re: Pixelated Photos

Could you tell us the size in pixels of the problem images? That might help us diagnose the problem

Remco

Re: Pixelated Photos

Some software has default settings which can 'trap' the unwary into accidentally having a totally incorrect image resolution for printing.

Very simply, an image at 72 pixels per inch will look fine on a screen but will give a poor print at that same setting. At least twice that number would be necessary.

Normally, the relationship between image size and number of pixels/resolution automatically changes as required. But some settings can cause problems here, which I suspect may be your problem.

So, as Remco said, a few more details will help.