Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Vista, path and tree

Real Name
    Debbie

Vista, path and tree

We finally had some blue sky and warm weather so I went snowshoeing and I got my standard 3 photos: a vista, a path and a tree.
    (Note to self: Shoot something else soon and not a dog either)

Small mountain vista
    Vista, path and tree

Sparkly snow
    Blazing earlyish morning sun caught the glimmer of the snow, but then I went willy nilly in ACR and did some -clarity and turned it B&W.
    Vista, path and tree

Tree
    I don't know if I quite captured it, but there are layers and layers of snow packed on the limbs in a really precarious manner. Seemed like a good B&W opportunity.
    Vista, path and tree

Enjoy. C & C welcome.
    Debbie

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Vista, path and tree

All 3 can tell its own story. Nice work, Debbie!

Real Name
    Elise

Lovely pictures, Debbie. To me, the trees in the background of the second one are a little muddy -- I wish there were more contrast and definition in the trees. But maybe it was hazy? You sure can see the snow glistening, though -- great job on capturing that.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    Lovely pictures, Debbie. To me, the trees in the background of the second one are a little muddy -- I wish there were more contrast and definition in the trees. But maybe it was hazy? You sure can see the snow glistening, though -- great job on capturing that.
    Thanks Elise. It wasn't hazy, its definitely my post processing, things took a funky turn after turning it into a jpg and uploading here. I love the negative clarity effect on the snow and it didnt look quite so hazy and obvious on the trees until I uploaded it here, but I noticed the same thing after posting. I"ll have another go.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    All 3 can tell its own story. Nice work, Debbie!
    Thanks Willie

Real Name
    Yegor

Maybe, it is a mistake, but I try to avoid grey color if it is possible. Personally me like a photo black-and-white. Good and attractive pictures!

Vista, path and tree

Yes I would certainly try a little extra brightness on the second photo. But don't overdo it; possibly working on a layer with a mask for the brightness and combining the two so the snow doesn't overexpose.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    Maybe, it is a mistake, but I try to avoid grey color if it is possible. Personally me like a photo black-and-white. Good and attractive pictures!

Vista, path and tree
    Yegor - Its not a mistake. In ACR I set the "Clarity" to a negative value because I liked the way it smoothed the snow, but it did not do well for the trees and it was not as obvious, for whatever reason, until posted here. Thanks for your comment..I've been thinking about "avoid grey".

Debbie

Real Name
    Yegor

Welcome! It is necessary to try a way of Geoff F. I am meanwhile not so good in a photoshop... Layers with masks while a riddle for me. I am not able to use a mask