Thread: Thinking Of You...

Real Name
    Krisztina

Thinking Of You...

Thinking Of You...

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Thinking Of You...

Cute. The processing agrees with the concept. Nice work, Krisztina.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Krisztina

Good start on CiC with both this and 'Happiness is ....'. For someone who doesn't yet have any advanced post-processing software you certainly seem, already, to know how to get the best out of what you've got.

Real Name
    Krisztina

Thank You Both so much for your comments. I try and I want to succeed!!..Usually more misses than hits. I'm still a "wannabe"
    I have creativity and visions within, just don't know enough to really pull it off....Will be posting my questions next!

Real Name
    Krisztina

https://picasaweb.google.com/Kriszti...eat=directlink

The rest of the "photo shoot" on that day-

Krisztina

I love the treatment of this shot. Yes there are a few issues with the highlights but that does not detract from the fact that it is a very touching image. It makes me wonder where it all went when I was coming off a poor third between a 16 year old and a 19 year old screaming at each other last night

By the way image 14 in 'puddle o'Fun' is inspired
    Last edited by Wirefox; 6th February 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

The highlight issues are easily controlled either with a new layer burn/dodge treatment - though I am not sure what software you use. You seem to lean toward toned B&W and for that, I would suggest you get a program that works specifically with B&W and not all the others which try to mimic those specially designed alogrithms.

I used the channel mixer in Photoshop and destauration in color channels to essentially get the same effect you used..though mine is quite a lot less yellow...and that could have been easily recorrected, but for this, I wanted you to see how easy it is to keep the highlights from getting too blown out and still keep the poignancy of the moment.

Thinking Of You...

Real Name
    Pete

I love everyting about it Krisztina.
    You could try removing the hair and dust on the collar and sleeve of the jacket. That would clean it up nicely.
    Excellent work.
    Are you using auto mode or a priority mode/manual mode now?

Real Name
    Krisztina

Thank You so much!.... I've been going back and forth between AV and M modes - I've gotten some pretty lucky shots that way
    haven't even touched the others too much. I just dove in w/o knowing anything- and just now, I'm starting to read, and understand things like the exposure triangle,metering modes... how to lock a setting and switch to another to get desired effects... I've also realising how much I've misunderstood bc I have only taken bits and pieces of info w/o taking it a step or two at a time.(also haven't read the manually yet) It gets frustrating and overwhelming at times especially since there is SO much more to know, SO much I want to be able to do- I feel SO behind! and
    I know, I need Patience!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Captured
    I've also realising how much I've misunderstood bc I have only taken bits and pieces of info w/o taking it a step or two at a time.(also haven't read the manually yet) It gets frustrating and overwhelming at times especially since there is SO much more to know, SO much I want to be able to do- I feel SO behind! and
    I know, I need Patience!
    Yes patience is key - that and not trying to learn too much in one go.

I had a look around your albums last night and you definitely come up with some inspired shots, all the more obvious because of the lack of post processing, meaning you haven't done it as an after-thought, but at the time of shooting - something to be proud of.

Keep it up, the technical stuff will fall into place in time, but experience is key, so keep shooting and don't worry about making mistakes - you'll learn more from them than if you stay in an hour longer reading how it should be done.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    ...don't worry about making mistakes - you'll learn more from them than if you stay in an hour longer reading how it should be done.
    Very well said, Dave. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Very nice. Cute subject and good capture of the moment.