Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Who new a motorway could be so abstract?

Real Name
    Rebecca

Who new a motorway could be so abstract?

These were a few images that also went towards my final project for 'The Evidence of Light'. They turned out quiet nicely; I like the abstract patterns the light creates. This was my first attempt at photographing light trails on a motorway, it was an expirience in itself; freezing cold and I made my mum and dad drive me around Warrington to find ideal locations.

I also kinda' broke some of the rules in order to get my desired affect; so with light trails we have all been told to keep our cameras still and on a tripod. Yes, my camera was on a tripod, however I felt it neccersary to play around with it while it was taking the picture; moving it forwards and backwards, side to side. I'm a hardcore rebel of the photography industry, I know

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Who new a motorway could be so abstract?

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccalouisephotography View Post
    ... freezing cold and I made my mum and dad drive me around Warrington to find ideal locations.
    That's what mums and dads are for.

I also kinda' broke some of the rules
    Good

Another highly imaginative and, to me at least, original set. The one above is the one that most held my attention. It retains a measure of reality (in terms of the roadway) in the lower left hand quadrant which, I think, balances well with the abstract features. #1 also does that to some extent, but, for me, the patterns created in this one are bigger, bolder and more dynamic. The existence of the vertical lines of light make the image 'bigger' and create a sense of everythign else being suspended from these light supports (something like a suspension bridge, but one that extends upwards into the sky to infinity).

Real Name
    Jeroen

A good proof that a photograph is created in the head of the photographer and than a motorway can be that abstract. I like to see (photographic) vision on the world we live on that are different.

I like #3 the best. The trails draw you into the picture and form beautiful structures in the 'chaos'.

freezing cold
    I am slowly recovering from the loss of the two frostbitten digits that I removed in the garden shed with a pair of tin snips and a hacksaw (or was that Ran Fiennes?) Mum stayed in the nice warm car whist dad stood around waiting for his 40D to write to the card and ended up with what looked like a fluorescent ferret fight. Do not let her fool you with the "I moved the camera on purpose" that was where I slumped against her tripod as the latter stages of hypothermia set in.

Real Name
    Rebecca

Thanks Donald and Jeroen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Do not let her fool you with the "I moved the camera on purpose" that was where I slumped against her tripod as the latter stages of hypothermia set in.
    Hahaha! Wait... I shouldn't be laughing! You are acting as if we trecked through the Artic Ice Shelf.

I like them! #3 is my favorite, it looks like a modern construction, some bridge or something like that, painted with lights. Very cool!

Real Name
    Peter

Well done, good set. You can also try moving the camera around a camp fire and looking over a city skyscape at night from a tower. You can get some great abstracts.

Well done. Let us know how you go with your assessment.