Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Question

Real Name
    Chris

Question

The two images below, one of which is in a current competition (but shouldn't affect the voting in any manner) were both shot in color and converted to B&W using Silver Efex Pro. One is toned via a hard ush to the right on the neutral slider and a heavy application of Silver giving it more a sepia look than B&W. Sepia is definitely a monchromatic effect, so that isn't the problem except that I continued back in Photoshop by copying a section of it which I also posted in textures, then adding the artistic effect of Chrome to the image, reinserting in Silver and re-sepia toning, then back to PS and overlayed the copy section and manipulated the layers so that it is now "duo-toned" for all intent and purposes.

Is it now a color image with B&W highlighting, or is it still B&W because it is noting more than a toned combination??? I really should go to bed when I am sleepy instead of catnapping then coming back on with weird thoughts.

Question

Question

And by the by, all you people who like to work in Textures, try setting your camera to a real high ISO in mediocre lighting...it's really a lot of fun.

Question
    Last edited by MiniChris; 31st January 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Re: Question

I would consider both B&W monochrome, each show the same image but through different methods.