Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fun with Foliage

Real Name
    Chris

Fun with Foliage

I've had a good "shoot" day. Late afternoon sun turned to mush as did the clouds so I had to resort to making something out of nothing - well, Mother Nature might argue with that point. Anyway, sometimes it is best to test your mettle on the ordinary. C&C most appreciated.

Fun with Foliage

Fun with Foliage

Real Name
    Elise

Re: Fun with Foliage

I'm not sure about the first one, but I like the second one very much -- it looks kind of like a pen-and-ink drawing. Nice effect. I think the first one is kind of busy, and the lighting is harsh -- obviously, you're looking at back-lit leaves, but things being blown-out all over the place and the lack of a central focus is a problem, I think. I love the color of the leaves and the yellow veins.

Real Name
    Paul

Chris I think Elise and I are seeing these the same way. I wouldn't mind the blown sky so much but it is extremely bright. The colors however are great, I too love the yellow veins against the red leaf.

Real Name
    Chris

Hmmmmmmmmm....not sure there is much I can do with #1 given the sky was so fritzed to start with...I started to add a background of sky and stuff but it didn't have the same aspect ratio and looked worse than this probably does...which is a good example of why you should let some things go and call it macaroni.

Fun with Foliage

Real Name
    Paul

I enjoy an occasional big plate of macaroni myself.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I enjoy an occasional big plate of macaroni myself.
    And an occasional side dish of Humble Pie...sometimes, it just doesn't get from the camera to the computer in the same manner it was thought to exist. I think this is Mandy's plight in wondering when does the reality become an unreality or vice-versa.

Real Name
    Paul

Well, I hope you have that foliage to play with again. I think those colors and vein pattern could make a really nice shot, likely the one that was behind your eyes when clicking. Oh and thanks.....now I am hungry and have to go shopping.

Real Name
    Chris

Well, I can't reshoot that one for awhile, but did manage to futz around with another plant from the greenhouse. My friend raises Day Lilies (1,000's of them on 4 acres) and I can't wait until they start to bloom...in the meantime...and I have no clue what kind of plant this is other a varigated, spiny something or the other.

Fun with Foliage

Fun with Foliage

Real Name
    Peter

With #2 Chris you might try a polarising filter to cut the glare on the leaves.