Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Foggy morning

Real Name
    Chris

Foggy morning

Had to shoot quickly as the light literally changed every minute...and no tripod. These were taken about three blocks from my house where I could get a better composition of the sun breaking through the morning fog, which was relatively dense at that time. Shot a D7000 kit lens at 40mm f/9 +/- 1/250 to 1/500. Obviously played in Photoshop a little...or a lot.

Fog is a bit of a mystery to me in how to shoot properly, so any and all C& C is welcome and sought. Many thanks.

Foggy morning

Foggy morning

Foggy morning

Foggy morning

This one is a variation on the first one with heavy photoshopping - lots of screen and multiplying adjustments with a few luminosity fiddlies, too.

Foggy morning
    Last edited by MiniChris; 30th January 2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: dust specks, last image

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Foggy morning

Nice fog series Chris, #2 is my favorite.

Real Name
    Wendy

I do love the fog. Nice job, I'm kind of partial to #4 but they all look great. Fog and snow are so nice

Wendy

Real Name
    Chris

One more I found while reviewing the imports from earlier. Didn't think there was anything in there, but i think this may also be a keeper.

Foggy morning

Thanks, Wendy. The ducks were the first thing I saw and they were moving so fast, I only got two shots at exposure. It could have been much better exposed..then again, don't we think that of all our shots?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Very nice set, Chris.

Have just got to go out, so sorry for not offering more-in-depth criticism. But just wanted to note that all of these catch the eye and make you stop to look.
    Last edited by Donald; 30th January 2011 at 10:43 PM.