Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Watching Art

Watching Art

The possibilities are endless with this but I thought I would share work in progress. I have a few ideas what comes next but need to play around and playtime is soooo short these days

Watching Art

Real Name
    Thierry

Re: Watching Art

Interesting exercise. Did you try with the eye watching us ?

Real Name
    Raylee

Hey Steve - good idea to show the progression of your creations.

I look forward to it.

R

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I also like the bar code signature... makes all your images ready for auction. Great creativity and nice work!

These are amazing! I'm assuming that that gorgeous eye is your daughter's?

I wonder about the shadow of the paper on her face.

Thanks for the comment all.

These are amazing! I'm assuming that that gorgeous eye is your daughter's?

I wonder about the shadow of the paper on her face.
    Yes, that is Rebecca. That top part of the face is a bit messy. The next instalment cures that big time

This one is 3 images. A cloudscape, the paper and eye and some motorway light trials I shot on Sunday. I would not normally shoot light trails but Rebecca had an assignment so it was one and a half hours stuck on a motorway bridge in the cold waiting for the two Canons to process long exposures. I got some boring light trails....yawn but of course Rebecca got some pretty wacky stuff by zooming during exposure and moving the tripod on purpose. I am learning, slowly

Watching Art

HI Mr Fox

I like the concept - I think - beautiful eye! - but the eye surely is aimed in the wrong direction for 'watching' the art? I'd like to imagine it is actually watching, seeing & assessing.

OK?

Cheers
    Nihia

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Watching Art
    I called my scanner thread 'Experimental', but I think yours ought to have that title. Very creative, Steve. But next time, ask my permission first before delving into my medicine cabinet.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

One of the things I prefer about the second to the first is how much of Rebecca's face we're seeing clearly. Okay, we're seeing the same amount, but it looks different because her right eyebrow is not visible in the second.

I found, in the first that I wanted the angle of the cut in the paper to be steeper thus blocking out that eyebrow and focusing all our attention on the one eye. I suppose, also, that in the first, her face is processed in a way that makes it too 'nice'.

Real Name
    John

Very nice concept.

I like the concept - I think - beautiful eye! - but the eye surely is aimed in the wrong direction for 'watching' the art? I'd like to imagine it is actually watching, seeing & assessing
    Hi Nihia, I struggled with the title. It is the art that is watching, rather than the eye watching the art if you yet my meaning
    Very creative, Steve. But next time, ask my permission first before delving into my medicine cabinet.
    You mean that white powder wasn't talcum powder

One of the things I prefer about the second to the first is how much of Rebecca's face we're seeing clearly. Okay, we're seeing the same amount, but it looks different because her right eyebrow is not visible in the second.

I found, in the first that I wanted the angle of the cut in the paper to be steeper thus blocking out that eyebrow and focusing all our attention on the one eye. I suppose, also, that in the first, her face is processed in a way that makes it too 'nice'.
    Great minds Donald. I did start to brush away all the top layer in the triangular hole but then I remembered how dissatisfied I was with the top part. A quick reposition of the top layer gave a nice mask that was in context with the image as a whole.

Very nice concept.
    Thanks John.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Very clever...well done.

Chuck