Thread: Just for fun. thoughts?

Just for fun. thoughts?

Just for fun. thoughts?

Just for fun. thoughts?

Just for fun. thoughts?

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Just for fun. thoughts?

One should always start a critique on a good note...I really like Blueberries and these made me hungry for some over a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream.......I have three problems with the top image: the bright spot on the front rim of the bowl, the angle of the bowl on the table and the excessive amount of black space on the far left...I took it and the second one into Photoshop to see if they could be corrected as shot, and while someone else might be able to do better, I couldn't get an image I liked that wasn't overly cropped or centered in a rather unflattering way... the second one suffers from the excessive dead space to the left - it doesn't do anytthing for me. if there was just a hint of another berry in that space..whooeee, much better. On a good note however, the sharpness of focus is a real plus. Chuck the third one and reshoot on a neutral surface with a little bit of fill light on the tuning end...I really would like to see just a little outline of the tuning keys and perhaps a bit of string. Good focus and great ideas...

thanks for the great criticism chris! giving me some new projects for tomorrow! and i just had some blueberries in apple sauce..sunds weird but its great!

Just for fun. thoughts?

do you prefer this version? i have a feeling its too centered though as you mentioned earlier

Real Name
    Chris

It's better as per framing, but I still get the feeling all the berries are going to fall out the right side of the frame. Make a duplicate copy layer and rotate it on its axis and you'll see what I mean.