Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First photos of birds

First photos of birds

i recently brought my camera to school and just shot whatever i could. and i got these. any thoughts? First photos of birds
    First photos of birds

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: First photos of birds

Brad, I think they are nice. It takes a lot of practice to get good images of flying birds and I think you did fine here. I believe there is some hint of color tint on the shots so I might as well suggest you do some white balance adjustment. Or maybe, it's just my tired eyes.

Real Name
    Yegor

Good photos of awful creations! How they shout at 5 AM!!! Every night,year by year)))))))

These shots are fine. If these are your first, you are definitely on the right track. I personally like my bird shots more when I can see the twinkle in their eyes. It somehow brings life to the pic. So I either set my camera on continuous so that I catch them (hopefully) when they change their head direction and the sun catches their eyes or I pan with my camera on the function where it keeps the object in focus and press only when I see the light in the eye. Try this. It turns a good pic into a great one. I am still waiting to see a bird with prey or fighting - so that I can catch not good, not great, but awesome like others on CiC!