Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: blue Hyacinth

rob marshall

blue Hyacinth

Seven manually focused shots stacked in CS5. Studio lit. Canon 50D and Canon 50mm f/1.8.

C&C welcome.

blue Hyacinth

Screen grab at 100% - detail of bottom flower.

blue Hyacinth

Real Name
    Chris

Re: blue Hyacinth

Utterly *&$#%& amazing!

Real Name
    Kay

Wow that is seriously stunning - in the latest Australian Photographer/phy magazine there is an article on a book published by a Husband and wife team who spent many months photographing the wildflowers of Western Australia with this technique.
    He was the Photographer, She did all the focus stacking processing computer work.....it looked a lovely book from the review....I will try and find a link/image to show you...

......found it Wildflower Country
    Last edited by wilgk; 17th January 2011 at 09:00 PM.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Wow that is seriously stunning - in the latest Australian Photographer/phy magazine there is an article on a book published by a Husband and wife team who spent many months photographing the wildflowers of Western Australia with this technique.
    He was the Photographer, She did all the focus stacking processing computer work.....it looked a lovely book from the review....I will try and find a link/image to show you...

......found it Wildflower Country
    Kay

Their website is wonderful, and their images look absolutely stunning. I'm pretty good at getting clarity and colour, but theirs make my shots look amateur league. I can't get over that shot of the male Caasowary - are they really that vivid and colourful?

They seem very keen on stacking. I'm going to have to look at this more over the next few days, but thank you very much for the link. I recommend others to take a look.

It's so beautiful! So fresh and simple and, yet, there's so much subtle pattern. I like the upper right hand corner cluster of the stalk the best. The shades of blue and softness of the flowers is wonderful.

Kay, the link is really inspiring and their words are moving.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Kay

Their website is wonderful, and their images look absolutely stunning. I'm pretty good at getting clarity and colour, but theirs make my shots look amateur league. I can't get over that shot of the male Caasowary - are they really that vivid and colourful?

They seem very keen on stacking. I'm going to have to look at this more over the next few days, but thank you very much for the link. I recommend others to take a look.

You're welcome and my resident native australian tells me sometimes you think the bird is 'just black' but you get a glimpse of the colours, so they have worked hard to capture it.