Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first real try of Photoshop

Real Name
    Yegor

My first real try of Photoshop

re: My first real try of Photoshop

Yegor, the main subject is very nicely done but the reflection does not work so well for me. There may have been a little too much light in the capture. With this sort of thing I usually shoot slightly to the left and recover any slight shadows in PP. Of course Rob is the master of the use of black perspex so I am sure he will be able to provide far better advise than I can.

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Yegor, the main subject is very nicely done but the reflection does not work so well for me. There may have been a little too much light in the capture. With this sort of thing I usually shoot slightly to the left and recover any slight shadows in PP. Of course Rob is the master of the use of black perspex so I am sure he will be able to provide far better advise than I can.
    Yes, I know! Second time I have included a photoshop! Today in the morning I at all did not know how to clean a background! I not so thought of the composition. Lessons which can be found in the Internet for those who is already familiar with the program! I always used Zoner Photo Studio

Real Name
    Chris

I have to agree about the reflective shadow..it is too much and wants to compete with the main image. I haven't shot off plexiglass in years but do remember to shooting off-angle solution Steve suggests.

You might also want to increase your clarity and vibrance a little.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Of course Rob is the master of the use of black perspex so I am sure he will be able to provide far better advise than I can.
    Steady on. The only thing I'm master of is my own demise...

Yegor,

What did you use for the reflective material? I find black perspex very good, and I have a couple of sheets of it. You probably want to get a lower angle to get a more complete reflection. As for Photoshop - I'm afraid I cheat with these type of shots. I select the reflection area in PS and feather it, then boost the light levels with the levels layer. I like the shell. How big is it? where did it come from? I see they sell large shells on Ebay. They sell everything on Ebay.

Have a look at the skull shot here... http://www.robmarshall.net/Images/Ho...10497782_JqAXC It shows the level of detail you can get.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Yegor,

A good start with PS.

As a casual, unpracticed observer, I think the shell shape also has a lot to do with how it turns out.

This example possible won't be as successful as one which is more spherical (rounded) in shape and hence has lit areas closer to the surface, or one more like Rob's skull, which goes down to the surface all around the sides nearest the camera and light source.

The unlit underside doesn't cause a reflection, so the two get ever further apart like on the left tip above.

It may be that all you need do is turn it through 90 degrees to get the lit side closer to the surface though.

Just a thought,

Real Name
    Yegor

About 12 centimeters. Objective was to get rid of a background and to replace it on black. Now, it is possible to think of quality of the image! Besides I did not use any light source! Only daylight! About the form - it agree!)))

Real Name
    Rachel

To me it looks like a mouse running along, underneath a handkerchief I like the shell and think it has loads of potential for playing around with light and angles and things.

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: My first real try of Photoshop

So, we shall turn, we shall paint over, we shall cut off...... At all differently!

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: My first real try of Photoshop

So, it is enough for today