Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Any is too much

Real Name
    Chris

Any is too much

Ice, that is...and we got our fair share last night...and will get more tonight...I am beginning to think God doesn't understand I live in FLORIDA. There are infinitely better ice, snow and frost pictures on here but considering I've never shot ice before..well, they're okay, I guess.

Any is too much

Re: Any is too much

Ooooooo! I love ice! What is the red? Christmas lights??? er, no.... wait....we're past that...

Oh, but I should ask, is this disastrous cold for FL?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Ice, that is...and we got our fair share last night...and will get more tonight...I am beginning to think God doesn't understand I live in FLORIDA.
    Yep. And if we still have people in the world denying that global warming is a reality and that it's caused by our behaviour, they need to wake up and smell the coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yep. And if we still have people in the world denying that global warming is a reality and that it's caused by our behaviour, they need to wake up and smell the coffee!
    errrrr, Chris, you may have noticed, before, that Donald feels very strongly about this truly, very important issue. is it because I mentioned Christmas lights, Donald? I'm sorry, I won't do it again.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    errrrr, Chris, you may have noticed, before, that Donald feels very strongly about this truly, very important issue. is it because I mentioned Christmas lights, Donald? I'm sorry, I won't do it again.
    Well, one could argue that Christmas lights are using up energy resources and are not absolutely necessary, but that might be seen as a bit over-the-top. But I suspect our continued use of fossil fuels, excessive use of air travel and our obsession with our own private transport (cars, etc) are examples of us causing more damage than Christmas lights.
    Last edited by Donald; 14th January 2011 at 10:35 PM.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well, one could argue that Christmas lights are using up energy resources and are not absolutely necessary, but that might be seen as a bit over-the-top. But I suspect our continued use of fossil fuels, excessive use of air travel and our obsession with our own private transport (cars, etc) are examples of us causing more damage than Christmas lights.
    Quite right! I haven't celebrated Christmas since 1982 (total waste of energy) I'd bring back Cromwell if I could, so he could abolish Christmas again. The last time I flew anywhere was in 1997 (to Scotland bizarrely), and my diesel Peugeot 207 does 55 mpg and I do about 10K a year. Do I get my free cookies now? I only want them if Katy bakes 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Quite right! I haven't celebrated Christmas since 1982 (total waste of energy) I'd bring back Cromwell if I could, so he could abolish Christmas again.
    Well, "figgy pudding!" to you, too!

Oops! (she said as the next album on itunes came on - a Christmas one! No more for me, please. oof!)

rob marshall

Well, "figgy pudding!" to you, too!
    You make it, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    You make it, I'll take it.
    OH! LOL! It's Suzy's recipe!!! She's the one who makes it! hahahahaha!

Real Name
    Chris

Ooooooo! I love ice! What is the red? Christmas lights??? er, no.... wait....we're past that...

Oh, but I should ask, is this disastrous cold for FL?
    It hasn't dropped down to the orchards yet, but may tonight..then the price of OJ will skyrocket.
    Red is from a garden sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It hasn't dropped down to the orchards yet, but may tonight..then the price of OJ will skyrocket.
    Red is from a garden sculpture.
    Oh, that makes sense, now. and... Hope it's not too bad!

Real Name
    Paul

Cool shots Chris, interesting weather everywhere this winter I see.

Real Name
    Chris

It's just as cold tonight (mid-20's). While I live in NW Florida which is on the same latitude as the lower part of Morocco, the Miami area, 500 miles to the south and east is on a latitiude which would cleanly dissect Saudi Arabia and in recent years, they have seen temperatures drop into the low 30's.
    Laugh at Al Gore all you want, but there's a fair chance much of Florida will be under water in the next 100 to 150 years.
    Meanwhile, it is mittens, scarves and warm fires for this warm blooded creature.